Transfer Window Summary

BLionheart

Alex only played 25 games last season (ok he was injured for some time), but he really needs to play. And having Bosingwa back allows rotation at the back. It would be really strange to have Ivanovic, Bosingwa and another CB injured at the same time.

don't we have Ivanovic , Bosingwa , (another CB) Terry and (another CB) Bruma injured right now ....:whistling:

i guess it's possible after all.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you suggesting? We bring in someone so that he can play 3 games when a couple of defenders are injured, and then put him on the bench for the rest of the year when everyone's fit?

Injuries can't be predicted, and a large injury outbreak cannot be prepared for. I'd rather have us field our younger guys in this situation than buy some stop-gap guy who not only adds the burden of wages and a transfer fee, but also stops youngsters from getting chances.

don't we have Ivanovic , Bosingwa , (another CB) Terry and (another CB) Bruma injured right now ....:whistling:

i guess it's possible after all.

Bruma isn't really injured, he was resting after the operation. Terry is not injured badly, Bosingwa is almost ready. Only Ivanovic has some problems.

So what are you suggesting? We bring in someone so that he can play 3 games when a couple of defenders are injured, and then put him on the bench for the rest of the year when everyone's fit?

Injuries can't be predicted, and a large injury outbreak cannot be prepared for. I'd rather have us field our younger guys in this situation than buy some stop-gap guy who not only adds the burden of wages and a transfer fee, but also stops youngsters from getting chances.

ok great , so we have 2 CB slots to fill and everyone thinks that 3 CBs plus a promising youngster is more than enough even though one of the 3 CBs is a back up for RB as well , but everyone thinks it won't be a problem and it's a great chance for bruma.

on the other hand we have 2 winger slots and we have 6 players fighting for it (malouda - anelka - kalou - benayoun - sturridge - zhirkov) plus a promising youngster (kakuta) , and you seem to think that this is just fine and kakuta will get his chances no problem , and you think benayoun's move was a very good one and we needed him ,

a bit contradictory i would say !!!! , it looks to me like some people will just blindly agree to whatever carlo is doing just to show they are faithful supporters who don't moan .

well everyone can has his own opinion and principles but i think it's not a bad thing to discuss the negatives of the team as well as the positives , and we have to discuss that based on our own opinions , so it's not just like " hey , carlo is the best and any decision he makes is right and anyone who disagree is wrong ".

ok great , so we have 2 CB slots to fill and everyone thinks that 3 CBs plus a promising youngster is more than enough even though one of the 3 CBs is a back up for RB as well , but everyone thinks it won't be a problem and it's a great chance for bruma.

on the other hand we have 2 winger slots and we have 6 players fighting for it (malouda - anelka - kalou - benayoun - sturridge - zhirkov) plus a promising youngster (kakuta) , and you seem to think that this is just fine and kakuta will get his chances no problem , and you think benayoun's move was a very good one and we needed him ,

a bit contradictory i would say !!!! , it looks to me like some people will just blindly agree to whatever carlo is doing just to show they are faithful supporters who don't moan .

well everyone can has his own opinion and principles but i think it's not a bad thing to discuss the negatives of the team as well as the positives , and we have to discuss that based on our own opinions , so it's not just like " hey , carlo is the best and any decision he makes is right and anyone who disagree is wrong ".

of course your opinion is valid ..and so are your concerns > as i mentioned earlier injuries are difficult to anticipate ...

they are seldom spread evenly throughout the team . I think we should consider ivo as primarily a CB ..at the moment things are distorted

by the absence of bosingwa ...if i had been in charge I would have kept either Cork or Mancienne ....its not blind faith but I do trust Carlo ..

KTF and keep posting your concerns

We didn't do extremely well last summer, Fergie called us older than himself, press went off saying Ancellotti would follow Scolari's steps, and yet, we did better than ever.

And this year, we already look awesome. A new CB would have been nice, but whatever. I trust Ancellotti. He knows what he's doing.

of course your opinion is valid ..and so are your concerns > as i mentioned earlier injuries are difficult to anticipate ...

they are seldom spread evenly throughout the team . I think we should consider ivo as primarily a CB ..at the moment things are distorted

by the absence of bosingwa ...if i had been in charge I would have kept either Cork or Mancienne ....its not blind faith but I do trust Carlo ..

KTF and keep posting your concerns

thank you , would have been so much better to keep mancienne who could have been a great replacement for belleti as a utility player instead of keeping ferrera.

and i do trust carlo as well but sometimes i might have to disagree with him .

First of, I never said anything amounting to that, so don't make it look like I did. I've had my moans about Kalou in the past for instance, but I'm equally quick to defend him when he does well. But it really does get my goat when people on here only seem to point out what's wrong with the team rather than cherishing what's right with it. At the end of the day, what is true is that your or my opinion doesn't matter because neither of us is the manager, and Carlo is, so to keep moaning about the defensive cover or lack of it time and time again is not going to help. Not to mention, it starts getting on others' nerves after a point of time. So sure you can state your opinion, and nobody here (including myself) has stopped you from doing so, but in the end, it's not your (or mine) opinion that counts. You've got to move on at some point.

Regarding my so-called 'contradiction'. If you've read my posts here, you wouldn't have noticed me rooting for Kakuta's involvement in the team. Sure he's a great talent and all that , but imo he ain't ready yet, neither for that matter is McEachran (unless you're talking abt the Carling Cup or the FA cup). I think Bruma is ahead of both of them in development terms, and in terms of whether the team actually needs them or not. Talking about Benayoun, I'd be very surprised if he plays on the wings, he is a central midfielder so I don't know why you think he's purchase is going to stop Kakuta's development. Don't let everyone talking up Kakuta fool you into thinking he's made it .

Just because my line of thought is similar to the club in this matter doesn't make me someone who 'will just blindly agree to whatever carlo is doing just to show they are faithful supporters who don't moan' as you put it. It's all in your head and how you interpret things.

I must have posted this amount a million times - our defensive cover is absolutely fine in my view. We have utility players who can play along the back four and when we're stuck for cover we have Flo and Essien as emergency LB and RB respectively.

I must have posted this amount a million times - our defensive cover is absolutely fine in my view. We have utility players who can play along the back four and when we're stuck for cover we have Flo and Essien as emergency LB and RB respectively.

Don't say that. Otherwise you're just someone who blindly supports Carlo to show you're a true supporter who doesn't moan.

Don't say that. Otherwise you're just someone who blindly supports Carlo to show you're a true supporter who doesn't moan.

I say what I think. Whether that agrees or disagrees with other members of this forum, or indeed the manager of Chelsea Football Club doesn't concern me in the slightest. I believe we have adequate cover across the whole of the squad to mount an effective challenge on our league title and the Champions League this season. Just because you disagree with me doesn't give you the right to call me a 'blind' football fan. I moan quite a lot about this club - a lot of the time with good reason. But for the record, I think we all should support Carlo, considering he is our manager, as well as someone who won us the Double last season.

I say what I think. Whether that agrees or disagrees with other members of this forum, or indeed the manager of Chelsea Football Club doesn't concern me in the slightest. I believe we have adequate cover across the whole of the squad to mount an effective challenge on our league title and the Champions League this season. Just because you disagree with me doesn't give you the right to call me a 'blind' football fan. I moan quite a lot about this club - a lot of the time with good reason. But for the record, I think we all should support Carlo, considering he is our manager, as well as someone who won us the Double last season.

Woah easy mate. I was being sarcastic. I pointed out that our squad is complete but was called a blind Chelsea fan in return for it, and hence thought I would warn you what some would say if you defends the club's squad strength and size.

you are gonna have to be happy with only benayoun and ramires because kalas is out on loan and so is delac now :whistling:

Source

would have been Neymar added to that list but he wants to stay in Brazil where footballers like to pull down his shorts :whistling: