Who should replace Lampard?

I reckon this should be our side...

Cech

Ferreira - Alex - Ivanovic - A.Cole

Essien - Ramires/Mikel

Benayoun

Anelka - Drogba © - Malouda

I think we can still benefit on the solidity of our defence. Essien can drop and protect the back four when required (or Mikel can do that), then you have the pace of Ramires and Benayoun.

I would really like to see Ramires against West Ham next month

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malouda in midfield and Zhirkov on the wing. Zhirkov hasn't played in his orginal left winger role since he came here so he should get a chance to play there.

When he filled in for Ash, you could see what a attacking threat he is and he is just rotting on the bench. I feel so sad for him because he is Chelsea first XI material. He's like a left-footed Valencia. Likes to stick to the sides, speedy, great dribbler and a very good crosser.

Please Carlo, give him a shot blue%20scalf.gif

It is sad that all our midfielders have decent or average passing abilities and vision, except Lamps and Mikel's long passing. of course (Matic has great potential in the area of passing but he's not with us now ).

Lucky for us Lamps is some kind of android who hardly gets injured but having another good/great passer in the squad would be helpfull.

Our midfield play is be very predictable and the tempo in playing the ball around is much lower without him. That was painfully obvious yesterday (Lamps had a bad game).

It is sad that all our midfielders have decent or average passing abilities and vision, except Lamps and Mikel's long passing. of course (Matic has great potential in the area of passing but he's not with us now ).

Lucky for us Lamps is some kind of android who hardly gets injured but having another good/great passer in the squad would be helpfull.

Our midfield play is be very predictable and the tempo in playing the ball around is much lower without him. That was painfully obvious yesterday (Lamps had a bad game).

Essien?

Essien?

Essien is very decent passing but certainly nothing special. He did deliver a wonderful pass to Sturrdige in the CS but that won't happen too often. Just like Terry's pass to Malouda yesterday.

Essien also needs a lot of time on the ball before he releases a over a greater range than the simple short passes. Mikel has that too, needs a little too much time on the ball. His long passes from deep are lovely because he has time on the ball in those positions.

Nothing for him to be ashamed for, he's just not that type of player. It shouldn't be expected from him in the first place.

Essien is very decent passing but certainly nothing special. He did deliver a wonderful pass to Sturrdige in the CS but that won't happen too often. Just like Terry's pass to Malouda yesterday.

Essien also needs a lot of time on the ball before he releases a over a greater range than the simple short passes. Mikel has that too, needs a little too much time on the ball. His long passes from deep are lovely because he has time on the ball in those positions.

Nothing for him to be ashamed for, he's just not that type of player. It shouldn't be expected from him in the first place.

Yes i can see were your coming from we don't really have any pure playmakers. Like a xabi alonso from deep or kaka from a forward position, a player who's job is just to create chances for our strikers.

Like Shane said I expect him to drop Malouda into midfield like he did in the second half yesterday and Kalou to start out wide.

Personally Id rather Ramires or Benayoun get a starting place in midfield and leave Maloud aon the wing because thats where I think he is most effective, cutting inside from the wing and linking up with Ashley.