The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

dumped by @, denied an invitation to visit you.

I feel fantastic now!

We could cook together... if I wasn't so frigging dominant and bossy and selfish in the kitchen. I had to be any of those things somewhere and that happens to be the kitchen. Sorry, Nour, my kitchen, my rules, my food. The only exception is my mom, but then she is doing all the cooking and I just eating :P

I could lend you the kitchen someday though ;)

Only dominant in the kitchen? Too bad.. :P

I can be very submissive..but only in the kitchen as well :P So you make the rules and I'll follow.

Only dominant in the kitchen? Too bad.. :P

I can be very submissive..but only in the kitchen as well :P So you make the rules and I'll follow.

I never won the remote control batter in my house or when I was married, so yeah, the kitchen is the *my* place in the house.

I was a very @-type boss as a manager. Or so my former employees used to tell me.

But as you may have already noticed, I aim to please most time :)

I never won the remote control batter in my house or when I was married, so yeah, the kitchen is the *my* place in the house.

I was a very @-type boss as a manager. Or so my former employees used to tell me.

But as you may have already noticed, I aim to please most time :)

So I should stay out of your kitchen and never work for you. Got it. Anything else I should know before I move in? :P

I try to please people a lot too. Although it's not something I particularly like in my personality..

So I should stay out of your kitchen and never work for you. Got it. Anything else I should know before I move in? :P

I try to please people a lot. Although it's not something I particularly like in my personality..

well I may be a girl born in the end of the 20th century and live in the 21st, but I don't have a problem at all with my submissive ways - except when I'm in charge of something. and the only situation I'm charge of the house is if I live alone.

I believe in democracy when living with roommates and I was never in charge when I was married or when I lived with my mother by choice. so I don't mind it all. And trying to please people all the time doesn't bother me because it's second nature to me. I like doing that. I like it when I know I made someone feel better about something or I just made someone happy. The letdown is that I'm always honest, so sometimes I say things people don't want to hear, but I'm a "pleaser" although I never lie to please anyone :P

well I may be a girl born in the end of the 20th century and live in the 21st, but I don't have a problem at all with my submissive ways - except when I'm in charge of something. and the only situation I'm charge of the house is if I live alone.

I believe in democracy when living with roommates and I was never in charge when I was married or when I lived with my mother by choice. so I don't mind it all. And trying to please people all the time doesn't bother me because it's second nature to me. I like doing that. I like it when I know I made someone feel better about something or I just made someone happy. The letdown is that I'm always honest, so sometimes I say things people don't want to hear, but I'm a "pleaser" although I never lie to please anyone :P

Hmm, so you never lie to please anyone? Even if it is just insincere flattery?

Hmm, so you never lie to please anyone? Even if it is just insincere flattery?

I prefer to omit them and refrain from giving my opinion. I rarely do gratuitous/insincere flattery. If I say someone is A, B or C it's because they are. If I don't think they are, I just don't say anything at all.

For example the other day a friend of mine changed her profile pic on FB and asked me if I liked. There was no way to avoid the question. I said it wasn't my fave pic of her that she has much better ones.

She insisted on knowing what I thought. I down right said she looked drunk and tired. :dunno:

I normally try to dodge the question if people are direct and if I can't there are two possible ways: 1) if I'm really close to the person I give my real opinion 2) if I'm not that close I just say the least possible and water down as much as I can

BUT

I have an annoying inability to say 'no', so many times I do things I don't want to do because of my inability to say 'no'. That part I'm trying to change...

I prefer to omit them and refrain from giving my opinion. I rarely do gratuitous/insincere flattery. If I say someone is A, B or C it's because they are. If I don't think they are, I just don't say anything at all.

For example the other day a friend of mine changed her profile pic on FB and asked me if I liked. There was no way to avoid the question. I said it wasn't my fave pic of her that she has much better ones.

She insisted on knowing what I thought. I down right said she looked drunk and tired. :dunno:

I normally try to dodge the question if people are direct and if I can't there are two possible ways: 1) if I'm really close to the person I give my real opinion 2) if I'm not that close I just say the least possible and water down as much as I can

BUT

I have an annoying inability to say 'no', so many times I do things I don't want to do because of my inability to say 'no'. That part I'm trying to change...

So you've never said something like "That's a nice shirt" and didn't mean it? Come on, that is physically impossible for girls! :P

I like to think that I rarely ever lie (not for ethical reasons but for certain beliefs I'm too tired to get into right now :P) but I do things that are very similar to lying, like pretending to listen to the Taxi driver talking about heck knows what, nodding my head in agreement with someone when in reality I think he is completely wrong, smiling at someone's lame joke..etc

Society is built lies and the fake images of reality everyone tries to paint. There is no escaping that fact.

So you've never said something like "That's a nice shirt" and didn't mean it? Come on, that is physically impossible for girls! :P

I like to think that I rarely ever lie (not for ethical reasons but for certain beliefs I'm too tired to get into right now :P) but I do things that are very similar to lying, like pretending to listen to the Taxi driver talking about heck knows what, nodding my head in agreement with someone when in reality I think he is completely wrong, smiling at someone's lame joke..etc

Society is built lies and the fake images of reality everyone tries to paint. There is no escaping that fact.

ofc I already did it. I'm not saying I never did, actually I think I said I rarely do it. ;)

On forums I never do it.

Everyone I said was cute, sweet, pretty, hot, etc... was my honest opinion. :dunno:

ofc I already did it. I'm not saying I never did, actually I think I said I rarely do it. ;)

On forums I never do it.

Everyone I said was cute, sweet, pretty, hot, etc... was my honest opinion. :dunno:

Well that would explain why you never said I was any of those! :lol:

are you sure I haven't?

gobber.gif

post another pic and I'll let you know, I don't know what I said - or if I said anything when you posted some.

FFS Barbara, if I dream about that guy tonight, I'm coming after you! :P

Was fishing more for "sweet", I am very much aware that I am not hot! :lol:

FFS Barbara, if I dream about that guy tonight, I'm coming after you! :P

Was fishing more for "sweet", I am very much aware that I am not hot! :lol:

that was the point :P

now don't make me stalk the mugshot thread and just post another.

I don't know how most of the guys here look - or the girls, hahaha, but I was honest about all comments I made there.

The cutest imo so far is our founder - and no, I'm not part of @Jim groupies, he just happens to be the cutest/hottest or whatever you guys want to call it. @Stingray is a close second place :P

that was the point :P

now don't make me stalk the mugshot thread and just post another.

I don't know how most of the guys here look - or the girls, hahaha, but I was honest about all comments I made there.

The cutest imo so far is our founder - and no, I'm not part of @Jim groupies, he just happens to be the cutest/hottest or whatever you guys want to call it. @Stingray is a closer second place :P

Just google "Adam Sandler" if you want to know what I look like :P

Typical, the man with the most power gets all the girls <_<

:Goober:

Just google "Adam Sandler" if you want to know what I look like :P

Typical, the man with the most power gets all the girls <_<

:Goober:

don't make an amateur mistake. @ is the perceived power here (imo) not Jim. Alex owes the place (perception is everything love).

Did I mention at first I thought Jim was a bot? I'm such a failure!!!!!!

I've seen the Adam Sandler jokes around. I remember you now. You know the reference: zenith > marry me > my ovaries *explosion* > God help me > hot as heck > hot > pretty > cute > sweet > looking good > fine > okay > nice > ...

You're in the cute category, as far as I can remember ;)

Nice is under okay? My world has collapsed :o

nice is a nice way to say... hmm... yeah... not my type, but not too bad?

at least for me :dunno:

nice is the typical word you use when you don't have anything else to say. Unless you say looking nice there (then it's the equivalent of looking good). But if someone tells you're nice? Well that's not a compliment. Or you post a pic and the comment you have is nice. Or you get ready for a date and the compliment you get is nice.

Depends on the intonation I guess.