The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

All the signs point to it. Team Sky have hired two doctors that have a notorious reputation. He's putting out performances that are slaughtering known, clean, world class cyclists like Nibali. His power data is mathematically impossible. He's not the tell though.

Yeah exactly, at first glance he doesn't seem the cheating type. Will be a real pity if/when he gets caught since he's been the poster boy of British sport all summer, having the nation on his back and all.

^ damn and i'll always remember where/when i heard it first! Cap on august 3 at 11:42pm USA on couch watchin teen titans drinking chocalte milk wearing JT jersey

2025 will be the year him and his cronies are busted. Assuming Froome doesn't sing the whole story before that date.

Why 2025? It took Lance Armstrong 13 years to be brought to justice. Why that long? The International Cyclists' Union (UCI) are probably only behind FIFA in terms of corruption. They want English speaking riders to do well. They wanted an American to dominate the sport so they could crack the US market and make a packet of money. They've done that, so now they've hung him out to dry. They want British riders to dominate the sport so they can crack the UK market. Which so far they have done.

Yeah exactly, at first glance he doesn't seem the cheating type. Will be a real pity if/when he gets caught since he's been the poster boy of British sport all summer, having the nation on his back and all.

When word comes out, I'll bet the UK press will just blame the 'dirty Kenyan' Froome. Or the Aussies.

Team Sky's Directeur Sportif, Sean Yates, was himself expelled from the sport for doping. How about that. A doper 'honestly' managing a team. If he's done it before, for his own gain, why wouldn't he do it again? Especially when he'll never face charges, only the riders and the doctors will.

At professional level, a directeur sportif follows the team in a car and communicates with riders, personnel and race officials by radio.

The directeur sportif warns of obstacles or challenging terrain, updates the team on the situation in the race, and provides mechanical help. The car carrying the directeur sportif also usually carries a bicycle mechanic with spare bikes, wheels and parts. It also carries spare water bottles, food and medical equipment.

In recent years the role has increased, in keeping with better team cohesion, tactics and communication and telemetry equipment. The directeur sportif can have split times, find where riders from other teams are in the race, and dictate orders to riders. This has made teamwork and tactics more important.

That's what will be in Yates' contract, all he has to do if he's charged is to say "I never worked with the medical department, I had no idea this was going on, my contract didn't require me to look into that".

betrayl kinda hurts like a bitch and in england after finding something to cheer about besides hosting the olympics and the dissapointment that is murray this was really main salvation.....

2025 will be the year him and his cronies are busted. Assuming Froome doesn't sing the whole story before that date.

Why 2025? It took Lance Armstrong 13 years to be brought to justice. Why that long? The International Cyclists' Union (UCI) are probably only behind FIFA in terms of corruption. They want English speaking riders to do well. They wanted an American to dominate the sport so they could crack the US market and make a packet of money. They've done that, so now they've hung him out to dry. They want British riders to dominate the sport so they can crack the UK market. Which so far they have done.

crack the market?? what do you mean?

When word comes out, I'll bet the UK press will just blame the 'dirty Kenyan' Froome. Or the Aussies.

Yep, always the easiest route ;)

Just out of curiosity Cap, do you ride? I've been riding regularly for like the last two years, never competitively though. I have an '87 Centurion Sport DLX road bike complete with the original neon green and purple paint scheme lolol

Yep, always the easiest route ;)

Just out of curiosity Cap, do you ride? I've been riding regularly for like the last two years, never competitively though. I have an '87 Centurion Sport DLX road bike complete with the original neon green and purple paint scheme lolol

I was born with a messed up knee. I can't even ride an exercise bike for more than about 10 minutes without it freezing up. :(

With my body, I could have been the next Marco Pantani. The world will never know what it missed out on :Goober:

I was born with a messed up knee. I can't even ride an exercise bike for more than about 10 minutes without it freezing up. :(

With my body, I could have been the next Marco Pantani. The world will never know what it missed out on :Goober:

or the next eric.....................................oh would you look at that you are!!

betrayl kinda hurts like a bitch and in england after finding something to cheer about besides hosting the olympics and the dissapointment that is murray this was really main salvation.....

crack the market?? what do you mean?

Break into the sports market. Selling goods, hosting races, selling TV rights, creating franchises, producing riders, and in general raising people's awareness and interest. Lots of money in that. If Wiggins' win creates another 200k cycling fans in Britain, that's 200,000 people using UCI products, driving up TV rights, etc., for the rest of their lives. And it does work. I only got interested in cycling because of an Aussie, Robbie McEwen.

With a messed up knee? Jesus. So that rules you out of our Ideal starting 11 TC Users team then :(?

With a messed up knee? Jesus. So that rules you out of our Ideal starting 11 TC Users team then :(?

I can do everything just fine, except have it in a bent position (as you would need to when cycling, obviously) for a long time. Running's no problem, because my knee is bent for seconds at the most.

I can do everything just fine, except have it in a bent position (as you would need to when cycling, obviously) for a long time. Running's no problem, because my knee is bent for seconds at the most.

Oh, at least your not AVB then with the crouching or you'd truly be unable to do it. :(