The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Seriously though when I'm talking about Prince Charming it isn't the dashing lad on a horse (aka handsome and rich) I'm referring to a guy that's nice and interested in a girl for who she is and it seems that in itself is a fairy tale.

Handsome guys tend to be douche bags so I could do without that. And a lot guys these days are lazy. They want what's under the skirt/pants only.

So I'll wait for my Prince Charming although I'm envisioning a skeleton in a room still waiting in vain.

Honestly that's not what I meant. I'm sorry if my post came out like I was implying that you are waiting for a shallow rich guy; that's not what I was going for, I promise.

What I meant is that, it seemed to me that you are waiting to meet a guy, realize he is perfect for you and stay with him forever. But that just does not happen. Trust me, there is no such thing as love at first sight, or even love after the first date. So my advice was, give the guys that you now find "regular" (commoners) a chance. Go out on dates and get to know them. Date that guy your friends were trying to set you up with and maybe after 10-15 dates he'd start to look much more like prince charming to you. That's how people find true lasting love.

That's just "my two cents". I hope this helps you in anyway even if you chose to not follow it 100% :)

Honestly that's not what I meant. I'm sorry if my post came out like I was implying that you are waiting for a shallow rich guy; that's not what I was going for, I promise.

What I meant is that, it seemed to me that you are waiting to meet a guy, realize he is perfect for you and stay with him forever. But that just does not happen. Trust me, there is no such thing as love at first sight, or even love after the first date. So my advice was, give the guys that you now find "regular" (commoners) a chance. Go out on dates and get to know them. Date that guy your friends were trying to set you up with and maybe after 10-15 dates he'd start to look much more like prince charming to you. That's how people find true lasting love.

That's just "my two cents". I hope this helps you in anyway even if you chose to not follow it 100% :)

Lol! I'm not that into fairy tales. I wasn't alluding to the love at first sight. I am talking about dating but I'll like to date quality guys not the lame ones that seems to be around. I don't feel like digging around a barrel of rotting apples looking for the one that's good.

@DJames, you should listen to Barbara. Being single is the best. Love sucks.

Love usually goes like this:

- You like the person, she doesn't like you back -> it sucks;

- You like the person, she likes you back -> it's awesome for some time, then, either of you start liking the other less and eventually break up, if she's the one breaking up it sucks a lot, if you are the one it sucks less, but you still feel like shit for some time for doing it.

- You like the person, she likes you back, but something happens that separates both of you, for example, one of you move to another far away city and it becomes impossible to maintain the relationship -> sucks too.

- And you still have: you like the person, you are not sure if she likes you back, you are confuse as fuck the whole time, she has a boyfriend AND she goes away. This is my personal favourite.

ps: All characters appearing in this description are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

It's human nature to love. After being burnt it's a bit difficult to put yourself out there again.

While I agree single is the best, being a pair is pretty ok too

@DJames, you should listen to Barbara. Being single is the best. Love sucks.

Love usually goes like this:

- You like the person, she doesn't like you back -> it sucks;

- You like the person, she likes you back -> it's awesome for some time, then, either of you start liking the other less and eventually break up, if she's the one breaking up it sucks a lot, if you are the one it sucks less, but you still feel like shit for some time for doing it.

- You like the person, she likes you back, but something happens that separates both of you, for example, one of you move to another far away city and it becomes impossible to maintain the relationship -> sucks too.

- And you still have: you like the person, you are not sure if she likes you back, you are confuse as fuck the whole time, she has a boyfriend AND she goes away. This is my personal favourite.

ps: All characters appearing in this description are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Good Job.

There is also one I faced : You like her, she liked you, but there is also another one in competition with you, you go to her first because you are full of confidence, she doenst say no, she doesnt say yes, at the end of the day I retired because I have the mentality of "you are with me since day one or not" she goes to the other one and after two months she breaks up and comeback to you telling you it was the wrong decision, and then I simply said yes.I still have some emotions for the girl but I prefer to teach her a lesson.

Lol! I'm not that into fairy tales. I wasn't alluding to the love at first sight. I am talking about dating but I'll like to date quality guys not the lame ones that seems to be around. I don't feel like digging around a barrel of rotting apples looking for the one that's good.

Sometimes it does happen that you meet "the one" when you least expect it! I had given up on dating, went to a friend's room (a male friend who was gone) to type a paper (this was when pcs were scarce). My husband came in looking for the guy whose room it was...he should have written me up! The rest is history!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mesmo que você não caia na minha cantada

Mesmo que você conheça outro cara

Na fila de um banco

Um tal de Fernando

Um lance, assim

Sem graça

Mesmo que vocês fiquem sem se gostar

Mesmo que vocês casem sem se amar

E depois de seis meses

Um olhe pro outro

E aí, pois é

Sei lá

Mesmo que você suporte este casamento

Por causa dos filhos, por muito tempo

Dez, vinte, trinta anos

Até se assustar com os seus cabelos brancos

Um dia vai sentar numa cadeira de balanço

Vai lembrar do tempo em que tinha vinte anos

Vai lembrar de mim e se perguntar

Por onde esse cara deve estar?

E eu vou estar

Te esperando

Nem que já esteja velhinha gagá

Com noventa, viúva, sozinha

Não vou me importar

Vou ligar, te chamar pra sair

Namorar no sofá

Nem que seja além dessa vida

Eu vou estar

Te esperando

:D

Why am I still up?

Because your mind doesnt want to go to sleep, you want to do another thing or your days are empty and you are frustrated.

Why are you still up? Or is it morning already?

Rmpr,

If your going to sing to us you need to translate!

Why are you still up? Or is it morning already? Rmpr, If your going to sing to us you need to translate! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm still up because I lack objectives and I lack the motivation to do things I promised to my self, I'm waiting for a "click" that dont want to come, I dont know what to do in my holidays and its pisses me off.Plus we are in Ramadan time so very difficult to have a stable schedule.

Rmpr, If your going to sing to us you need to translate!

Waiting for you

Even if you don't take my pick up lines.

Even if you meet another guy,

in the line at the bank,

called Fernando.

And have a date like those

dull ones.

Even if you two don't like each other.

Even if you two get married without loving each other.

And after six months,

you two look at each other

and say: 'So?', 'Yeah'

'Dunno'.

Even if you just stand this marriage

because of your children, for a long time.

For ten, twenty or thirty years.

Untill you get frightened by your white hair.

One day, you'll be sitting in a rocking chair,

will remember the time you were twenty,

will remember me and wonder:

'Where has this guy been?'.

And I, I'll be

waiting for you.

Even though you may be an old lady, gaga.

In your nineties, widow and alone,

I won't care about that.

I'll call you and ask you out,

And we will make out on the sofa.

Even if it just happens in another life

I'll be

waiting for you

Why are you still up? Or is it morning already? Rmpr, If your going to sing to us you need to translate! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm still up because I lack objectives and I lack the motivation to do things I promised to my self, I'm waiting for a "click" that dont want to come, I dont know what to do in my holidays and its pisses me off.Plus we are in Ramadan time so very difficult to have a stable schedule.

Sounds rough :( hope things get better but maybe you just need to set smaller goals for now and work toward those. Sometimes when the thing you need to do is too vast you can't get motivated because the task seems too large. Just a thought.

I am up because I am staying at my sister's house and miss my husband. I don't sleep well without him. Also not having personal space and privacy is getting old!

Sounds rough :( hope things get better but maybe you just need to set smaller goals for now and work toward those. Sometimes when the thing you need to do is too vast you can't get motivated because the task seems too large. Just a thought. I am up because I am staying at my sister's house and miss my husband. I don't sleep well without him. Also not having personal space and privacy is getting old! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smaller goals is my only solution, I'll have next year the first challenge of my life because I'll have have to pass the "baccalaureate" and in Algeria it isnt much difficult to pass it, it is difficult to pass it brilliantly, to have a very good mark to do what you want to do and at the moment I'm not a brilliant student, good student not where I want to be, so i'll have to prove things to myself.I'll have to work very hard from September to June everyday and this scares me a bit.

I dont want to waste this precious time by doing nothing, I cant play and enjoy myself because in Algeria entretainement isnt an option, you cant go to stadiums, to cinemas, the internet is slow so you cant play online or watch movies, you'll have to download them ect..I cannot play football because its Ramadan and everyone is tired, you cant go to the beach...So I only can study and learn, it is the only way to full fill this big hole and I dont find the power to do it. :ph34r:

Sounds rough :( hope things get better but maybe you just need to set smaller goals for now and work toward those. Sometimes when the thing you need to do is too vast you can't get motivated because the task seems too large. Just a thought. I am up because I am staying at my sister's house and miss my husband. I don't sleep well without him. Also not having personal space and privacy is getting old! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smaller goals is my only solution, I'll have next year the first challenge of my life because I'll have have to pass the "baccalaureate" and in Algeria it isnt much difficult to pass it, it is difficult to pass it brilliantly, to have a very good mark to do what you want to do and at the moment I'm not a brilliant student, good student not where I want to be, so i'll have to prove things to myself.I'll have to work very hard from September to June everyday and this scares me a bit.

I dont want to waste this precious time by doing nothing, I cant play and enjoy myself because in Algeria entretainement isnt an option, you cant go to stadiums, to cinemas, the internet is slow so you cant play online or watch movies, you'll have to download them ect..I cannot play football because its Ramadan and everyone is tired, you cant go to the beach...So I only can study and learn, it is the only way to full fill this big hole and I dont find the power to do it. :ph34r:

Scheduling yourself will help in the fall. If you set your schedule at first and get a routine going it will become habit. Schedule in time for fun and relaxing because too much studying will make you go bonkers and then the habits get lost. I understand how hard it can be but I also know that it can be done if you want it bad enough.

Oh, that is rough! I am just facing guilt from all sides! My parents because my sister and I took off for a few days, my in-laws because my husband and I would rather sleep at a hotel than on an air mattress in the basement, my former classmates because I'd rather see my husband before he goes back to Shanghai than go to the bar drinking with them, ... It goes on and on!

It sounds lie you need a hobby to keep you busy during Ramadan or to take up meditation or exercising to keep you busy. How long does Ramadan last? I always thought it was about a month, but don't know. I sympathize with slow Internet, mine in China is soooo slow!

Scheduling yourself will help in the fall. If you set your schedule at first and get a routine going it will become habit. Schedule in time for fun and relaxing because too much studying will make you go bonkers and then the habits get lost. I understand how hard it can be but I also know that it can be done if you want it bad enough. Oh, that is rough! I am just facing guilt from all sides! My parents because my sister and I took off for a few days, my in-laws because my husband and I would rather sleep at a hotel than on an air mattress in the basement, my former classmates because I'd rather see my husband before he goes back to Shanghai than go to the bar drinking with them, ... It goes on and on! It sounds lie you need a hobby to keep you busy during Ramadan or to take up meditation or exercising to keep you busy. How long does Ramadan last? I always thought it was about a month, but don't know. I sympathize with slow Internet, mine in China is soooo slow! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a month, it will finish 10 August.It is true that I need a hobby, I just need to find it.