The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

good, when I start coming here for people to hold me high or low, or when I start giving a shit about it, I'll send you a memo, until then I'm here to discuss football and mainly Chelsea. If I disagree or agree with their opinion, I'll post, sorry if I'm not into the trend of twisting words, posts, getting personal and calling people names. It doesn't make me superior, it just makes me (and a lot of people who made their opinion known in the many threads) fed up with the childish behavior lately. At the top of my mind I can mention at least 4 people who complained about the ~quality of the posting just this week. It's a lot of things, it's a lot of shit being said about players, about the club, about the manager, about the board, the owner, members personally attacking members and calling them names - or cheap short. Trust me, a lot of people complained in addition to me, and I'm sure they don't give a shit either if someone thinks they're superior, cheap short or whatever.

I stand by my words compare the physicality of Europe and Brazil is nonsense. Although I don't have stats of every player that plays in Brazil, I doubt we'll find many (if any) outfield players that get 80 matches under their belt in a season.They rotate in the state championships, and even in Brasileirão (Brazil's league) when they reach the final stages of Libertadores and Brazil's Cup. Oscar played 64 matches for Chelsea last season and we didn't reach both domestic cups finals... so playing 60+ matches is a reality. I guess all people were trying to point out is that the many matches wear players down preventing them from continuing to play high level and increasing a lot the risk of injuries. Tennis players play much more in a year and some matches last hours, not only 90 minutes and they rely on only themselves. Nobody is stupid to say a professional football player can't play 60 matches... but the reasonable people were just arguing that it takes its toll on the players and they drop their level. I gave you all the reasons why I think the comparison is nonsense, I won't repeat myself. If you feel offended by my disagreement on your opinion, in an open thread, there's nothing I can do.

Muzchap if that subforum ever comes to life, please, be kind enough to me - as you've been since my first day here - and let me know about it. I'm in dire need of such place.

Ok...

Just a reminder, if you are going to be here to talk and discuss about Chelsea, please learn how to interpret Englsih. I never compared the style of the football played in the two places, so it is ridiculous for you to say you read something that wasnt even said. Also, I wasnt offended because you disagreed, it was because you didnt even had the decency to directly quote me. Your overall argument is 100% correct, but the problem is I didnt touch the subject in which you are/were arguying, so I dont understand what your problem was with what I said.

You talk about quality of the posts, but many of your stuff on the Mourinho's thread is of an extremely low quality, you are not different nor smarter than everyone in here. We all say intelligent and no so intelligent points, we all have good and bad days and we all get into disagreements; it is all part of the relation between people.

I often have discussions I go back to read and see some flawed points I raised at the time, so there is no "I avoid bad quality posts", because everyone has good and bad opinions. It is not like you are in a different stratosphere...

Ok...

Just a reminder, if you are going to be here to talk and discuss about Chelsea, please learn how to interpret Englsih. I never compared the style of the football played in the two places, so it is ridiculous for you to say you read something that wasnt even said. Also, I wasnt offended because you disagreed, it was because you didnt even had the decency to directly quote me. Your overall argument is 100% correct, but the problem is I didnt touch the subject in which you are/were arguying, so I dont understand what your problem was with what I said.

You talk about quality of the posts, but many of your stuff on the Mourinho's thread is of an extremely low quality, you are not different nor smarter than everyone in here. We all say intelligent and no so intelligent points, we all have good and bad days and we all get into disagreements; it is all part of the relation between people.

I often have discussions I go back to read and see some flawed points I raised at the time, so there is no "I avoid bad quality posts", because everyone has good and bad opinions. It is not like you are in a different stratosphere...

so if I misunderstood your point, I'm sorry. I don't think I did... you were implying that there's nothing out of this world to play 60 matches when in Brazil players play 80. Not only I disagreed about it because the referential isn't the same as play is more physical in Europe so 60 matches there is much more demanding than 80 here, but also I questioned if anyone here does play 80 matches at all. I don't think the outfield players play, but if they do, you can't compare it to the 60 matches there... Consequently I believe rotation is necessary. As well as whoever was defending the Willian deal - which I don't defend btw. I don't think we need him.

The quality has nothing to do with being intelligent or having a high opinion (there hundreds of people here, some will think Willian is a great sign, some will be doubtful, some hate it, there's no better or worse opinion, the same goes to Mourinho. I may have said a lot of BS, but that's my opinion and probably a few others think the same (or I suppose they do given they liked the posts), others the opposite (some even quoted me), others couldn't care less - that's the beauty of a forum, or at least that's why I joined... to discuss, to agree, to disagree, to learn, to share).

But I'll draw it for you.

It's how the discussions have been dragging about the same thing in a negative way. So just yesterday there was a de Gea debate, that ended with members calling each other names, I say comparing Europe and Brazil amount of matches is nonsense you call me names because I didn't quote you although it was just an opinion about something I read in the thread and I made sure I wanted to address the opinion, not the poster, people who disagreed about the Willian deal dragged the conversation to exhaustion and consequently some twisted words saying others consider Mourinho god when nobody stated it (and I think saying in Mou we trust is just a vow of confidence by giving him a chance to show what his plans are before saying he shouldn't have done it). Others twisted more words saying that people thought they knew better than Mourinho (something I'm sure nobody had the presumption to think when they showed their disagreement about the deal) and then they dragged it again and a few pleasantries were exchanged through the way. All of that was only yesterday and I'm sure there was more and I'm just forgetting about it. That's what I'm talking about. Maybe some people love to read it, but some others have been showing their discontent about how people are going too far too often.

Who said anything about intelligent? You tell me to check my English, maybe we should do it together as we live fairly near to each other... I gave all examples about what I consider bad quality and while I called it childish and petty and I didn't call the opinions stupid or lacking intelligence although calling people names is stupid imo. And just so we don't make it yet another one of the petty arguments, if you have something else to say and I have something to add, I'll do it in a PM.

edit: CHOULO19 & 30 minutes and I'll finish the preview. maybe we should post later after the Willian discussion wears down a bit, what do you think?

so if I misunderstood your point, I'm sorry. I don't think I did... you were implying that there's nothing out of this world to play 60 matches when in Brazil players play 80. Not only I disagreed about it because the referential isn't the same as play is more physical in Europe so 60 matches there is much more demanding than 80 here, but also I questioned if anyone here does play 80 matches at all. I don't think the outfield players play, but if they do, you can't compare it to the 60 matches there... Consequently I believe rotation is necessary. As well as whoever was defending the Willian deal - which I don't defend btw. I don't think we need him.

The quality has nothing to do with being intelligent or having a high opinion (there hundreds of people here, some will think Willian is a great sign, some will be doubtful, some hate it, there's no better or worse opinion, the same goes to Mourinho. I may have said a lot of BS, but that's my opinion and probably a few others think the same (or I suppose they do given they liked the posts), others the opposite (some even quoted me), others couldn't care less - that's the beauty of a forum, or at least that's why I joined... to discuss, to agree, to disagree, to learn, to share).

But I'll draw it for you.

It's how the discussions have been dragging about the same thing in a negative way. So just yesterday there was a de Gea debate, that ended with members calling each other names, I say comparing Europe and Brazil amount of matches is nonsense you call me names because I didn't quote you although it was just an opinion about something I read in the thread and I made sure I wanted to address the opinion, not the poster, people who disagreed about the Willian deal dragged the conversation to exhaustion and consequently some twisted words saying others consider Mourinho god when nobody stated it (and I think saying in Mou we trust is just a vow of confidence by giving him a chance to show what his plans are before saying he shouldn't have done it). Others twisted more words saying that people thought they knew better than Mourinho (something I'm sure nobody had the presumption to think when they showed their disagreement about the deal) and then they dragged it again and a few pleasantries were exchanged through the way. All of that was only yesterday and I'm sure there was more and I'm just forgetting about it. That's what I'm talking about. Maybe some people love to read it, but some others have been showing their discontent about how people are going too far too often.

Who said anything about intelligent? You tell me to check my English, maybe we should do it together as we live fairly near to each other... I gave all examples about what I consider bad quality and while I called it childish and petty and I didn't call the opinions stupid or lacking intelligence although calling people names is stupid imo. And just so we don't make it yet another one of the petty arguments, if you have something else to say and I have something to add, I'll do it in a PM.

Not going to prolong this any further, but you are again giving arguments over something I didnt say and already agreed with. It is like you are trying to convince me on a subject I already agreed on...

All you have said about intelligent, quality of posts, etc, I share. But this is just a proof we cant go and say we avoid certain threads because they are "low quality". When you post you dont go into some threads cause they are bad, it puts a level of superiority in your voice, like other members posts arent valid enough to deserve your attention. So I felt like I needed to point out that things that you post are also not always smart or true (and it applies to me as well). Anyone should have a chance to deserve anyone's attention because we are all just a bunch of people on the internet.

The whole issue was the fact I feel if someone has a problem with me, they can always come directly and not through third party. And the only fact I keep saying you must check your English is because you keep tackling something I already said you are right. That is all!

Many things are stupid, inclusive calling people by names or having one personality in public and another through PMs. So I dont think anyone is right in this story!

I am done with this, it became bigger than it is. So, if you have anything else to say, feel free. But I dont do PMs to argue, I do things in public.