The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

well yesterday I was in the bakery and a guy who was already on his car came back - leaving his daughter in the car - entered the bakery and watched me for five minutes before finally addressing me with words.

"Where did you buy those shoes?"

I was like... well that store at the mall.

"They're divine, you have such small feet, what's your size"

"I indeed have, 35 (in Brazil, 37 in Europe)"

"I bet you have a lot of those high heels. How many pairs do you have?"

At this point I thought he was gay because why else would have asked many questions about shoes?!?!?!

Then he introduced himself, I did the same and all of sudden he asked me if my husband was jealous loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool bingo!

He asked if I'd like to be photographed - to which I said no thinking he was a creepy photographer.

Then he handed me his card - with his contacts, asked me to send him an e-mail

IMG00974-20130822-0937.jpg

So boys, learn from the Master. Stingray knows women's business better than anyone... and I don't mean wearing them, but getting the deal done :P

Oh, and Tom, I'm not going to let you wondering ;)

IMG00976-20130822-0943.jpg

How can you drive in them?

and please don't tell me you drive stick with that.

Not fair on us boys! There should be more lady police officers, may be we can talk them out of giving us a ticket!

Or go on a date with us later that night!! :Goober:

in Brazil there are lady deputies. One of my childhood friends even works as one.

My smile never failed me though. Never ever I've asked a deputy to let go of the ticket and it failed. The only tickets I had were speed tickets and parking where I shouldn't - when I didn't have a chance to plead the guy to let it go.

No dating services were offered (or requested) either :P

Well, if I walk on them, I suppose I can drive on them too :P

Yeah, I drive stick with that and I'm heck of a stick driver - used to leave my ex-husband speechless - but my current car is automatic - but I'll tell you what, I control the gear changing on my feet despite it being 100% automatic (no gear changing buttons on the wheel or hybrid stick). The car changes it when I want. I don't allow my little guzzler to dictate the driving. Gas in Brazil is more expensive than gold so I have to control my boy.

The only thing I love more than my car is my puppy, so I take great care of him, but also control him closely. Just like a perfect marriage should be ;)

Why is it so hard to believe we can drive in 9 cm heels? It isn't so hard and shifting isn't an issue at all.

To be honest the reason I chose not too is because it is bad for the heel of the shoe! I always kept a pair of clogs or mules (?) in my car so I could easily slip out of my heels as I got in to my car and slip them back on when I reached my destination. :)

In the US it is actually illegal in many states to drive barefoot or in flip flops (thongs?), but I have never read a regulation about high heels.

Oh, btw I have never been able to talk my way out of a ticket! My husband can and does all the time. One time he and I were pulled over with in 2 weeks of each other in the exact same spot, he didn't get a ticket and I did! Worse, 3 months later they raised the speed limit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

in Brazil there are lady deputies. One of my childhood friends even works as one.

My smile never failed me though. Never ever I've asked a deputy to let go of the ticket and it failed. The only tickets I had were speed tickets and parking where I shouldn't - when I didn't have a chance to plead the guy to let it go.

No dating services were offered (or requested) either :P

Well, if I walk on them, I suppose I can drive on them too :P

Yeah, I drive stick with that and I'm heck of a stick driver - used to leave my ex-husband speechless - but my current car is automatic - but I'll tell you what, I control the gear changing on my feet despite it being 100% automatic (no gear changing buttons on the wheel or hybrid stick). The car changes it when I want. I don't allow my little guzzler to dictate the driving. Gas in Brazil is more expensive than gold so I have to control my boy.

The only thing I love more than my car is my puppy, so I take great care of him, but also control him closely. Just like a perfect marriage should be ;)

Points for this!! People look at me like I'm crazy when I say my car is a boy! Like really why would I be driving around in a girl car :D

Why is it so hard to believe we can drive in 9 cm heels? It isn't so hard and shifting isn't an issue at all.

To be honest the reason I chose not too is because it is bad for the heel of the shoe! I always kept a pair of clogs or mules (?) in my car so I could easily slip out of my heels as I got in to my car and slip them back on when I reached my destination. :)

In the US it is actually illegal in many states to drive barefoot or in flip flops (thongs?), but I have never read a regulation about high heels.

Oh, btw I have never been able to talk my way out of a ticket! My husband can and does all the time. One time he and I were pulled over with in 2 weeks of each other in the exact same spot, he didn't get a ticket and I did! Worse, 3 months later they raised the speed limit!

Exactly! Why ruin perfectly cute shoes. Same here nothing about heels not sure about the flip flops I don't think so it is though but definitely for being barefoot (bareback too)

My first ticket I think the police officer wanted me to grovel not to get one (although his attitude was that he was giving it to me either way) I think I pissed him off because I didn't play his little pathetic game. Another officer there was going to let me off (first ticket, ambiguous sign) but the first bugger was already writing it up.

Exactly! Why ruin perfectly cute shoes. Same here nothing about heels not sure about the flip flops I don't think so it is though but definitely for being barefoot (bareback too)

The reason for the flip flops is that the front can get caught under the pedal therefore trapping your foot and making it hard to have proper control or darn near impossible should you need to switch pedals to brake. Barefooted has to do with your safety more than anything (as I assume would bareback...although hygiene comes to mind, lol). You need shoes if there is an type of car trouble but also the pressure you exert feels different when you have a shoe on vs. barefoot.

quote data-cid='745385' name='DJames' timestamp='1377221224' post='745385']

My first ticket I think the police officer wanted me to grovel not to get one (although his attitude was that he was giving it to me either way) I think I pissed him off because I didn't play his little pathetic game. Another officer there was going to let me off (first ticket, ambiguous sign) but the first bugger was already writing it up.

I hate when they try and abuse their power. That just annoys me. I don't play the game either which is probably why I get tickets...too honest for my own damn good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How is a batman/superman combined film gonna work.

Let me start by saying batman is the greatest superhero bar none. It's not even close for me. But batman is just a guy with a lot of money who has spent a lot of time at the gym and has a variety of gadgets and fighting skills.

But superman has actual powers. Anything batman could do superman could probably do as he can fly and is a man of steel.

Is it gonna be batman fighting 3 blokes on the floor whilst superman flies round blowing shit up.

EDIT: apologies on breaking up the shoe talk... :D

Let me start by saying batman is the greatest superhero bar none. It's not even close for me. But batman is just a guy with a lot of money who has spent a lot of time at the gym and has a variety of gadgets and fighting skills.

But superman has actual powers. Anything batman could do superman could probably do as he can fly and is a man of steel.

Is it gonna be batman fighting 3 blokes on the floor whilst superman flies round blowing shit up.

Yeah, you are right! I mean how the hell do Batman and Superman work together! i hope they don't destroy what Christopher Nolan created with Batman! Ben Affleck has been cast as the new batman! I just cannot see anyone apart from Bale to play him! Can't really say i am waiting eagerly for the movie now!

Yeah, you are right! I mean how the hell do Batman and Superman work together! i hope they don't destroy what Christopher Nolan created with Batman! Ben Affleck has been cast as the new batman! I just cannot see anyone apart from Bale to play him! Can't really say i am waiting eagerly for the movie now!

I kind of am... But only because I'm intrigued of how that would work...

And when you said bale I immediately thought of the Madrid player lol. Still in football mode.

How will batman and superman work? Have none of you guys heard of the justice league of America?

How about.......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Batman

Superman-batman_8_cvr_-_large.jpg

Can I just add that Batman is the most kick ass super hero ever! A man with no super power that can be a superhero is absolute beast in my eyes.

you must be a good driver, then

The darkness of Nolan films will ge gone..It'll almost be comical lik.e the earlier ones.

Bad idea unless they can get Nolan to direct and Bale to cast in that

The darkness of Nolan films will ge gone..It'll almost be comical lik.e the earlier ones.

Bad idea unless they can get Nolan to direct and Bale to cast in that

Well considering the huge success of the previous ones, its probably gonna be a major let down.