Txiki Begiristain

Now now Kostas, don't be so naive about this. If there's one thing I've learnt over the last few season it's: Don't get confident in a "potential transfer" till it actually happens :lol:

I'm not usually a transfer muppet but I really have a feeling about this one :blush::halo:

To Txiki's defence I don't think there are many with better records as Sporting Directors (responsible for the strategy, scouting, transfers and style of a team).That is as long as the "omnipotent manager" way of doing things is out of the question.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not usually a transfer muppet but I really have a feeling about this one :blush::halo:

To Txiki's defence I don't think there are many with better records as Sporting Directors (responsible for the strategy, scouting, transfers and style of a team).That is as long as the "omnipotent manager" way of doing things is out of the question.

Haha well I had a good feeling about Aguero (yes, I was one of those..) and Silva to an extent, so I don't really get excited over these transfers.

And you're right about Txiki. And Carlo's the type of manager that won't get into clashes with the Sporting Director. One of the good things about Arnesen is, he didn't interfere with the team directly, he and Jose got along.

Ancelotti also laughed off the claims that Chelsea are aiming to appoint Beguiristain as Arnesen's successor in West London.

The Italian joked: "I don't know this name. I think there was a player at Barcelona, but I don't know what job he is doing now."