Mourinho For Liverpool?

Jose wants Kop job

Sunday Mirror Sport understands that the former Chelsea boss has contacted Liverpool's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett through a third party indicating that he would love to take over at Anfield next season.

The Portuguese manager's compensation deal with Chelsea last September prevents him from returning to a Premier League club this season - but he has told friends that he wants to return to England.

And, despite the vacancy at Newcastle, Liverpool is the job that the Special One craves.

He was close to becoming Anfield boss before Benitez got the job and has never lost that desire to work at the five-times European champions. Benitez's worst fears about his Anfield future have been confirmed by Bayern Munich. After appointing Jurgen Klinsmann as their new boss a club official confirmed Klinsmann had been offered the Liverpool job before Christmas.

A 1-1 draw at Middlesbrough yesterday did little to improve Benitez's job prospects. Liverpool have won just two of their last eight games in all competitions. When asked if constant speculation about his future was depressing him, Benitez (left) said: "Not really. I am trying to concentrate on the next game.

"It is disappointing not to win the game and perhaps close the gap at the top. In this position you cannot think about the leaders. When you talk about a draw away from home you must be disappointed. All I am thinking about is the next game against Luton in the FA Cup and then Aston Villa."

If he did take charge at Anfield, Mourinho would have to erase the memories of the prickly relationship he used to have with Liverpool fans.

Mourinho incurred their fury of when he "shushed" them from the touchline when Chelsea equalised on their way to victory in the Carling Cup Final three years ago.

:unsure:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool will give Rafa one or two more years after this and then i reckon Jose might take liverpool once hes allowed to take an english team again. I think he would probs manage somewhere in spain or italy first tho. If he takes a top 4 English team, i'll not be a happy bunny. You can't see him taking a shit team tho and he wants to manage in england again as JT has said on Goals on Sunday. Sorry guys but.......it's gonna happen, just not yet. Brace yourselves for Jose managing Liverpool or Man Utd one day.

Edited by OllieCFC

Cant see Rafa being given another year esp if they get knocked out the FA cup and then the first ko stage of champs league.Their season over and esp after giving Rafa all that dosh and still failing to get anywhere.

But anywhere but Liverpool!!!And yeh lol its only the mirror!Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!Plenty of English clubs lol dont go there!!!!

Meh he's got aggges anyway till he can accept an English job and if he has been appointed somewhere he wont wana leave there within a few months be pointless.

Nooo Jose dont do it!

i think Rafa is an all right manager, they've won alot under him, but now that Liverpoo want to be 'serious tittle contenders,' i dont think they'll be able to win it with him in charge. his rotation policy and all that just isn't working, but what Mourinho would bring them would deffo get them what they want. I dont see any truth in this story TBH, Jose is much better than them and will probably go to Milan or Barça.

Maybe he'll be attracted by the 'European city of culture'

Rafa cant multi task.Its either the prem or the champs league while other clubs well us and Man you can do both up to a point he cant.And yeh the rotation policy aint helping considering half the time they look confused about who they're playing with.

But nah cant see this happening.Hope not anyway

Maybe he'll be attracted by the 'European city of culture'

:lol: Wtf was that all about?

Benitez row with owners... Jose has been there done that got the t-shirt with Roman and he wont want more of the same.

Milan i'm sure is his next destination, with Ancellotti(sp)? definately going after the shit season they are having atm!

Regardless of where he goes next, he'll be back in England one day to manage Liverpool or Man Utd. Obviously that's not gonna make me happy and its not what i want to happen, but its something that i feel will happen. If Roman is still with us, he'll wanna show Roman what he can do with the full backing of the board of an English team, without anyone else interfering and making decisions. Saying that tho......he wants to manage Portugal and then retire so lets hope he takes the milan job, then portugal, then decides not to fuck us up with someone else because he's capable.

Well his spokesman has just said that Jose has not offered himself to Liverpool as suggested by the Sunday tabs.

Although he hasn't said he's not interested!

Pato scored for Milan today and they won at home for the first time this year - typical!

The better Milan do the less chance Ancelotti has of leaving and I would rather Jose went to Milan than back here to Liverpool.

A scary thought: the tactical knowledge of Mourinho verus... erm, Grant.... scary indeed.

Even scarier - Grant winning :lol:

My f*cking cat has more tactical knowledge than Grunt.......

My cat has a wider vocabulary than Grunt.......(quote)...."Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"