Balancing the books

I think we were all taken by surprise by the rapid events of the week just gone . After the initial shock I have realised that Roman has had this

planned for a number of months at least . First we must realise how shrewd and ruthless our owner is . You dont rise from nothing to be a multi billionaire by making stupid business decisions . To me it seems obvious that steps are being taken to meet the EUFA regulations which will

come into effect in the next three years ,,Doing rough estimates on savings already made by releasing Joe ,ballack and Belletti ..that only reduces

the wage bill by almost 300 000 a week ,,assuming Deco also leaves and possibly Paulo ..we are looking at a gross reduction in the region of

26 million a year . I think before the EUFA deadline Carv will also depart ..

In my opinion Roman is acting with the foresight one would expect of one of the world's shrewdest businessman .

Of course today the departure of Stoch was a tremendous shock ,,this I imagine was a decision made mainly by Carlo . I think we must trust

his judgemeny in this matter . He has proved to be a man who keeps his word and I still believe he will give young players a chance to come through.

EUFA rules will not affect transfers just yet so we may expect one or two pleasant additions to our playing staff over the next few weeks .

Looking at Man City ..with the wages they are offering there is no way they can meet the EUFA regulations .

My final message is KTF and KTBFFH ...remember Romans reactions in our last few games ,,did that look a man losing interest

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely !! If ricky, deco and paulo do leave thats a massive decrease in our wage bill... this could easily help us in accomodating atleast 2 big name signings quite easily.. Not that Im saying 2 big name signings are a must.. Could this all be to accomodate aguero's alleged wage demands ?!? whatever, it makes financial sense to acheive our break even target.. hopefully we will post profits for the 1st time at the end of 2011 season....

Yep, completely agree. It's a shame about Stoch but rumours have it we got £7million out of it. All these out-going transfer should, hopefully, we'd get to bring in 1 marquee signing. (i.e. Augero)

I do agree with releasing Belletti, Ballack, and Cole.

What I don't agree with though is selling Stoch. I mean WTF???blink.gif

With Fener he is guaranteed a lot more money and playing time. The reports indicate en masse he was being offered around £40,000 a week, which is a hell of a lot of money for a youngster! It was a case of him wanting to move.