Ex-Blues as coaches

We have many ex stars who have tried the manager roles ,with mixed degrees of success.

Ruud had success with us then disaster with the bar codes

Luca had a terrible time with Watford.

Ray Wilkins ,I thought was terrible with QPR but has re invented himself back home under Guus and Carlo

Franco deserved much better than West Ham and surely will succeed elsewhere.

Wisey was doing well until that fiasco at Newcastle.

Others are doing much better.

Roberto is excellent with West Brom ...he can be sure of a great reception at the Bridge next year.

Gus Poyet was excellent working under Dennis and has worked miracles at Brighton.

Dan Petrescu has had great success back in his native Rumania

Last I heard Casirhagi was still managing Italy U23.

I wonder if Steve Clarke will now try to go it alone possibly managing in the Championship or Division 1

I always look for the results of teams managed by our former players and wonder if we will ever see one

back at the Bridge as our manager.

At the moment probably not but in the future ..Roberto or Gus ..?????

Please add any I may have missed

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard recently said in an interview at the Chelsea website he would love to coach us one day, couldn't think of a , by then, ex-player better fitted for that role. Despite we barely now anything about his coaching qualities, i think he would be a good man for the job (he is intelligent enough for it, that's for sure :whistling:).

Roberto will get an excellent reception at the Bridge next season.

I too always look out for the results of teams managed by our former players. I would like to see Clarke take up a managers role now.

Zola was treated like shit by Sullivan and Gold, Wise was going great until he decided to go to Newcastle, Poyet is now doing well at Brighton, Petrescu is having success in Romania.

As for other former players...

Minto is a pundit for Sky Sports, Lebouef is in LA directing and starring in movies, Vialli is a pundit for Italian TV, Casiraghi is indeed manager of the Italian U21's, Gullit's last managerial role was with LA Galaxy, but was fired, he sign Celestine Babayaro who played one game for them before quitting.

We have so many potential managers to come over the future. Franco, Robbie, Gus, Dan Petrescu, Wisey maybe. And even JT, Lamps and Ash have said that they are doing their coaching badges and would like to manage the club in the future.