Terry injury not as bad as first feared

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to Talksport and it enrages me to hear the amount of people going on there saying that how good it is to hear Terry may not go to the WC. OK I understand maybe they say that during the regular season but to say that about him being out of the world cup. He is one of our best players and surely for the World Cup we think of England first. Yeh what he did was wrong but this is the World Cup it is England!!! Sorry for ranting at you guys but I just dont understand it.

JT I hope you get well as soon as possible and you score the winner in both the FA Cup and the World Cup final then lets see what all these JT haters have to say.

Rant over.

I know exactly what you mean.

My facebook has become full of people joking and sounding pleased about it. Saying his 'shocking form and fitness' this season meant he shouldnt have been going to the WC in the first place.

I dont get it. Like you said, most matters change when it comes to national teams. Surely most people would be disappointed if any big England player got injured so close to the WC- obviously not!

the day he was stripped of the captaincy I hoped he'd walk away (not his style I know) and take Lamps and Ash with him. Leave them with Bridge, Carragher etc - but I guess i'm not English. If the English press can call him a liability and non-Chelsea fans agree - I hope England get royally stuffed at WC and rue the day they messed around with their best Defender and Captain.

John Terry has confirmed that he has not suffered a broken metatarsal and that he still hopes to play in this weekend's FA Cup final.

Terry suffered an injury during training with his club on Wednesday and he was forced to leave their Cobham training complex with a protective boot on his foot.

He immediately went to hospital for a precautionary scan, but that they showed no break - amid fears he has suffered a broken metatarsal.

"I took a slight knock in training but with such an important match on Saturday the right course of action was to put a protective boot on my right foot and have a CT scan," said Terry.

"The scan has shown there is no break and I am hoping to train tomorrow if not

Friday and of course play in the FA Cup final on Saturday."

Terry will be desperate to avoid any injury as he prepares to lead Chelsea on Saturday against Portsmouth as they hope to complete the first Double in the club's history.

England coach Fabio Capello will also be keeping abreast of the situation as he looks to avoid any injuries ahead of the World Cup finals.