Defence against Stoke

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Carvalho is fit, he must play with alex and he has to play Ivo and Ash on each side. If Riccy aint fit, he should play Ferreira on the right, Ivo and Alex in the middle and Ash on the left.

Move Zhirkov into midfield where Ballack or Deco usually play because they are both uninspiring wank.

Under the high throw and intense pressure Stoke bring to the table, I would like to see Ivanovic moved into centre back to partner Alex. I cant see Ashley Cole starting this one, against a physical team like Stoke it would just be too risky. I wish there was another option at right back but at this crucial stage of the season Ancelotti wont play Bruma and Im not sure how Belletti is doing injury wise so I guess we mya have to endure Ferreira again.

Branislav Ivanovic will revert to the centre of defence for this afternoon's clash against Stoke City, knowing nothing less than a win will do.

It will be only the eighth time this season the versatile Serb has started in the middle, with his 30 other appearances coming from right-back in the absence of Jose Bosingwa, missing since October with a knee injury.

For the first time in the Barclays Premier League this season, we will be without the leadership of John Terry, suspended after his red card at Tottenham last weekend, so it is Ivanovic who steps in to fill the vacancy.

'Who else can play there?' joked the 26-year-old, who has looked so comfortable on the right flank for most of the campaign. 'It is always difficult the first game when you change position but it doesn't matter, the first, most important and only thing is that we have to win this game.'

From the official website.