Vincenzo Iaquinta

Steve

The forward is currently sidelined with an injury but Chelsea will keep tabs on his progress through the month and would be prepared to sign him as long as the signs of recovery are positive.

According to a report in the Times Iaquinta would be available for in the region of £8m due to an abundance of attacking talent at the club.

The striker has only featured in six matches for Juventus this season, a reflection of the fact he has been carrying an injury since October.

A tall, imposing, physical player, Iaquinta would appear well suited to the Premier League.

Ancelotti values his versatility and pace and his ability to occupy a forward position across the line as he seeks to add options to his attack.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have decided to allow one of the players who was at the centre of a bitter £5 million legal feud with Leeds United to leave Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea are now finalising terms with Carlisle over young midfielder Tom Taiwo who moved to Chelsea from Leeds along with fellow England Under-16 international Michael Woods in highly controversial circumstances.

The move in 2006 saw Leeds have made a formal complaint to the Football League over three alleged illegal approaches by Chelsea. The league has referred the complaint to the Football Association as it involves a Premier League club.

Telegraph

I love him as a player, every juve game i see him play he always works really hard. But he is 30 years old.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy represents everything that is not Chelsea.

You ever watched him play?

He is one of the most hard working players ive ever seen play.

And if im not mistaken he did score against us.

You ever watched him play?

He is one of the most hard working players ive ever seen play.

And if im not mistaken he did score against us.

Well, Dirk Kuijt is also a hard working player xD. So that shouldn't be the argument to get him.

I agree, a 'hard working'-mentality is vital if you want to play in the premier league, but you're only good enough if you also have the quality that has to come with it. And for who would you play him instead? I think Sturridge has just as much right as Iaquinta to play, though he has less experience, he certainly has the quality.

Besides, what you said yourself; he's 30 years old. That's not really what we need with already two 30+ strikers.

Edited by Blueboy

Scored a fucking phenomenal goal against us last season.

He's a very, very hard-working player; the sort of striker I think we could benefit from. He knows that if he comes to Chelsea he is going to find it hard to dislodge Didier or Nicolas from the starting eleven, but it would still be a great career move for him. He'd be a potential 'super Sub,' and although we have some promising young forwards in Borini and Sturridge, I wouldn't feel all that confident going to the Emirates Stadium in an FA Cup tie without either Drogba or Anelka.

instead of him we should buy romelu lukaku (he has proved himself in europa league) only 16 years of age tall, physical and finisher much needed replacement for drogba and he will cost us in the region of 10 to 15 m euroes.

can be a good long term investment for Chelsea. he can be our legend in future think about that.

Edited by crazy1

Scored a fucking phenomenal goal against us last season.

He's a very, very hard-working player; the sort of striker I think we could benefit from. He knows that if he comes to Chelsea he is going to find it hard to dislodge Didier or Nicolas from the starting eleven, but it would still be a great career move for him. He'd be a potential 'super Sub,' and although we have some promising young forwards in Borini and Sturridge, I wouldn't feel all that confident going to the Emirates Stadium in an FA Cup tie without either Drogba or Anelka.

Well, i don't think that you should underestimate the effort Drogs and Anelka put in in that sense. Drogba is always defending well with our set-pieces and tracking-back, Anelka is running all over the place with smart runs to create space for other players. They are also very-hard working players. So, what i'm trying to say; he isn't special just because of his high work rate. What i said, Kuijt is also known as a very hard-working player, but doesn't has much other things to offer imo.

Maybe he could be useful as a supersub, but the sum of money we would pay for him and his contract should be in line with that role (in terms of salary). Because i don't want to see us pay way too much for him in that case.

Well, Sturridge & Borini are on the same age as most of the Arsenal Players, and i think they have the same class/talent. Besides, how are they ever going to cope with exactly THAT kind of pressure (big games, finals etc), if they don't play that sort of games? We can't be protecting them forever...

Edited by Blueboy

Well, i don't think that you should underestimate the effort Drogs and Anelka put in in that sense. Drogba is always defending well with our set-pieces and tracking-back, Anelka is running all over the place with smart runs to create space for other players. They are also very-hard working players. So, what i'm trying to say; he isn't special just because of his high work rate. What i said, Kuijt is also known as a very hard-working player, but doesn't has much other things to offer imo.

Maybe he could be useful as a supersub, but the sum of money we would pay for him and his contract should be in line with that role (in terms of salary). Because i don't want to see us pay way too much for him in that case.

Well, Sturridge & Borini are on the same age as most of the Arsenal Players, and i think they have the same class/talent. Besides, how are they ever going to cope with exactly THAT kind of pressure (big games, finals etc), if they don't play that sort of games? We can't be protecting them forever...

Your argument is an odd one. Kuyt is hard worker, why would you even compare the two players they are completely different?

You make it sound like he has not technical ability. He has an amazing finish on him and when on form i cant see why he wouldnt be able to push drogba and anelka for a starting 11 spot.

Edited by Steve.

I'd never underestimate Drogba, and certainly not Anelka - you'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger Anelka fan that I. I'm merely saying he has that grafter's attitude, like Olic and Tevez do, and that is something Anelka and Drogba can benefit from.

I'd never underestimate Drogba, and certainly not Anelka - you'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger Anelka fan that I. I'm merely saying he has that grafter's attitude, like Olic and Tevez do, and that is something Anelka and Drogba can benefit from.

Bluelion i respect your knowledge of european football but i just feel sometimes you lack faith in the young players. In the last few weeks you have wanted us to sign players that play in kakuta's and borini/ sturridge positions. Iaquinta coming to this club would hamper sturridge and borini's chances, Iaquinta is also 30 years of age and we should stay away from players that age.

Well, where should we play him? If he's going to be used as a striker from wich Anelka & Drogba will benefit ...than he should play instead one of those two (can't really see him play somewhere else on the field...?).

P.s; Anelka ftwblue%20scalf.gif.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You