Hull vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

sturrudge looks better than kalou from what iv seen, he nearly nicked it for us aswel abit unlucky. i reckon they'll b a couple of minor tweaks to the team on sunday. id like to see zhirkov in front of ashley cole, is mikel back, he only plays well against arsenal.i thought the attitude of ballack, deco, malouda was shocking last night. we are carrying ballack in the away games, for me the blokes a waste of space he hasn't done the business for us since we signed him, hes finished.he only wants to know when the medals are being handed out.

Yeah not sure kalou or Sturridge are capable of taking over regular striker role and the board (when Drogba and Anelka slow up) will buy big. Kalou is infuriating sometimes, can be creative but just seems thick on occasions.

Ballack just seems to be wiling away his last year(s), though hes come close to scoring in half a dozen games, and that can change fans perception. (as Lampard senior once said to Fatboy , ''if you're having a shit game make sure you have a shot at the end and the fans tend to forget'')

Deco gives the ball away too easily. Malouda I reckon is doing the business at the moment. - seems to have improved greatly, so with Zhirkov and A Cole and Joe cole able to play on the left it seems well covered now . Difficult to say which is the best combination though. All said and done still top of the league, so mustnt grumble smiliecap1.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah not sure kalou or Sturridge are capable of taking over regular striker role and the board (when Drogba and Anelka slow up) will buy big. Kalou is infuriating sometimes, can be creative but just seems thick on occasions.

Ballack just seems to be wiling away his last year(s), though hes come close to scoring in half a dozen games, and that can change fans perception. (as Lampard senior once said to Fatboy , ''if you're having a shit game make sure you have a shot at the end and the fans tend to forget'')

Deco gives the ball away too easily. Malouda I reckon is doing the business at the moment. - seems to have improved greatly, so with Zhirkov and A Cole and Joe cole able to play on the left it seems well covered now . Difficult to say which is the best combination though. All said and done still top of the league, so mustnt grumble smiliecap1.gif

malouda always looks better when he plays wide, earlier in the season the system messed his game up abit. ballack always plays well from march to may. i think we need to get some balance in centre midfield at the weekend, im not a mikel fan, but he has some physical presence and we havn't got essien so he must start if fit and ready. its still going to plan, man u have back to back away gmes at villa and everton, then liverpool at home just three tougher looking fixtures till we go there, everton away is guna b tough, no easy games i just wish we'd get some daylight between us and the manc's cos weve had a couple of opportunties to do it, we just dont seem to pull clear!must win at the weekend, and im sure we will, they still cant defend

malouda always looks better when he plays wide, earlier in the season the system messed his game up abit. ballack always plays well from march to may. i think we need to get some balance in centre midfield at the weekend, im not a mikel fan, but he has some physical presence and we havn't got essien so he must start if fit and ready. its still going to plan, man u have back to back away gmes at villa and everton, then liverpool at home just three tougher looking fixtures till we go there, everton away is guna b tough, no easy games i just wish we'd get some daylight between us and the manc's cos weve had a couple of opportunties to do it, we just dont seem to pull clear!must win at the weekend, and im sure we will, they still cant defend

Blimey i thought I was the only Mikel critic. He has physical presence, can hold the ball up but lacks any creativity. I think Deco is alright in that holding role atm, but someone needs to tell him to not try the long ball up the left or right which invariably is cut out. I think we will raise our game at the weekend just as Hull did last night, and will beat the goons. Our season looks tricky in the last part but hopefully will be clear by then.

The only thing about this game not the fact we drew cause we were 1-0 behind and all.Just the fact its yet another goal conceding from a set piece! If we can start defending those properly and get it sorted make the rest of the season a bit easier

The only thing about this game not the fact we drew cause we were 1-0 behind and all.Just the fact its yet another goal conceding from a set piece! If we can start defending those properly and get it sorted make the rest of the season a bit easier

we always look vunerable from set plays when riccy plays only this season....but riccy has been excellent in all our big games, i prefer alex, but it isn't arsenals game scoring from set plays.

Feels like a defeat ...

People announced January as the month where we guaranteed would miss some points. But we proved them wrong by improving our form, playing better than with our africans. Now in the first game with the africans back, we loose points and put on an uninspiring display. Kudos to Hull, they were good and way looked more willing to play football than us. They deserved the point they got, even though we were better. But over to the non-african Chelsea team; I knew we weren't going to miss them too much. We've a wide squad of quality players, and when they traveled to Africa, other players would step up to the task and maybe play even better. Because they want to prove themselves. They know this is their chance to shine, and therefore they will be more up for it. We witnessed what was maybe our worst game this season. Suddenly we didn't look as eager to win the game as before. I think we need to vary our line-up more. Give the ones who don't usually play that much some playing time. If we use the same players all the time, they, one, get tired and, two, have nothing to prove and isn't as eager to give as much. Give Sturridge some more time, he's looked fresh everytime he has been given the chance. Wouldn't hurt giving those who are not playing as much more chances to prove themselves, would it?

Deco, Cech and our defence were ok - the rest have to improve their game if we want to win the premiership. Arsenal is the next game, and I'm sure we will bounce back and be up for it. If not, we will have a new team at the top of the league..