Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope he comes now, after watching all these videos, of him vs teams makes me think that he's something special. It would be a shame if he goes to psg because we all know if he does well over there than in lets say 3 or 4 years time Barca or Real will be after him and he will most probably go to them. I should really stop watching these videos because i have a feeling that he will sign for psg, and in the end i will be disappointed. But you know this is the beauty of the transfer market.

Paris will be happy with him, in France the social contributions are incredibly huge on players wages (that's why the stars in Ligue 1 are Gignac, Bastos or Nene lol). So if they offer the same wages (or more) than Chelsea, they would in reality pay muuuuuch more because of this contributions :P

I'm not convinced by him to be honest. if he is so good why didn't he get a starting spot in the Argentina national team? Banega was infront of him..

That's like saying why didn't McEachran get into the under 21 European championship. or the under 19 championship. Just because a player is not picked doesn't mean they are not talented, or good enough to play for Chelsea.

Also same goes for Sturridge, he doesn't play for the England national side yet, and he still plays for us, and it's looking like he might play a lot more games this season.

I know we are potentially spending a lot of money on this player but sometimes you have to do it if you want to have young talented players, i really think that he has the potential to be one of our best players.

Also Pastore won the Serie A young player of the year award ahead of Sanchez, so to be honest you can understand why he cost a lot of money.

That's like saying why didn't McEachran get into the under 21 European championship. or the under 19 championship. Just because a player is not picked doesn't mean they are not talented, or good enough to play for Chelsea.

Also same goes for Sturridge, he doesn't play for the England national side yet, and he still plays for us, and it's looking like he might play a lot more games this season.

I know we are potentially spending a lot of money on this player but sometimes you have to do it if you want to have young talented players, i really think that he has the potential to be one of our best players.

Also Pastore won the Serie A young player of the year award ahead of Sanchez, so to be honest no wonder he cost a lot of money.

You are right. Their manages is so bad that was fired after one year in charge.

To other hand I have misgivings about him.

They don't know whats going on either, notice how they say 'tipped'.

Ive been watching him on youtube (i know) and it seems like he would fit into our squad very nicely, he also seems like the player we're missing in terms of putting players through on goal.

Should this video be highlighting how good he is or how poor his passes are ?

Should this video be highlighting how good he is or how poor his passes are ?

Really? i don't see a lot of miss placed passes, although it is inevitably that he is going to miss place some passes in a match. Just look at his movement and his awareness, and also his passes, but i guess you are not impressed with that.

Guest justin_3d

I am ready for two events.

If Chelsea sign Pastore then time to party:

mtm1om.jpg

If PSG signs Pastore....

qn4bw7.jpg

I am ready for two events.

If Chelsea sign Pastore then time to party:

mtm1om.jpg

If PSG signs Pastore....

qn4bw7.jpg

I hope the first one biggrin.gif

But you know as a Chelsea fan you kind of get used to losing out on players, well i do. So whenever it's like us bidding against another team, i automatically think we're going to lose out on that player.

The no 1 Pastore hater is here lol

:D

I do not hate pastore at all , he is a great prospect who has the potential to be a world-class players but my problems with pastore are :

1- What we need is a passer, a play-maker , a Xavi kind of player who doesn't need too much time on the ball , who will always be looking to pass to a team-mate rather than shoot or try to get past his man .

2- For supposedly one of the best play-makers on earth and the most expensive one compared to snieder , modric and even faberegas , His passing game isn't really that good for a player of that caliber you shouldn't be misplace that kind of easy passes .

3- Pastore likes to dribble and sometimes takes too much time on the ball and normally that sometimes ends-up losing possession so if we are going to try to play the possession game he will not be a great help.

4- Pastore is more suited to counter-attacking teams who will be looking to give him the ball to start the counter attack where he will either try to use his pace and trickery to get to the opponents goal or he will get past his marker and assist his striker.

5-My biggest issue with pastore is , i don't believe he is better than any of Snieder , Fabergas , Modric who are all world-class play makers and there is no big difference in age between him faberagas and modric . therefore i can't see why should we pay 40+ millions for him while those cost 35 millions . I value him at 30 millions max. even at the current prices

I am not saying he won't be a good addition but my concerns are , Is he really the best addition we can get in that area ?? Will those 40+ millions be best spent on pastore rather than some other player(s) ?

:D

I do not hate pastore at all , he is a great prospect who has the potential to be a world-class players but my problems with pastore are :

1- What we need is a passer, a play-maker , a Xavi kind of player who doesn't need too much time on the ball , who will always be looking to pass to a team-mate rather than shoot or try to get past his man .

I totally agree with you on his passing, reminds me of Essien last season - only slightly better lol.

Now whether we need him or Modric is up to AVB. If we're going to play the 4-3-3 then i would prefer a Modric or Moutinho.

But we might play a 4-2-3-1 like we did against Kitchee, and imo he will fit in perfectly in the role Benny occupied.

I totally agree with you on his passing, reminds me of Essien last season - only slightly better lol.

Now whether we need him or Modric is up to AVB. If we're going to play the 4-3-3 then i would prefer a Modric or Moutinho.

But we might play a 4-2-3-1 like we did against Kitchee, and imo he will fit in perfectly in the role Benny occupied.

Now we have an agreement , although i insist that 40+ millions is way too much for him.

I don't think his passing is too bad, he is more of a short passer, instead of a player who can do a through ball 40 yards away.

From of the videos i have seen ( not compilations, him vs teams) his short through balls to the striker are great, and hopefully this is what Torres need.