Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malaga haven't made any offer, according to Pastore AND his agent. I hope the fact that they are not in the Champions League dissuades him. Hopefully Barcelona get Fabregas, that will rule them out. Hopefully City get Nasri, that would most likely rule them out too. I read an article on the DailyMail today saying Inter Milan are planning to hijack the Tevez deal and offer Sneijder to City. If that happens, they wouldn't sign Pastore. If it's between us and Man Utd (they have been linked too), I'm confident we'll win.

Guest justin_3d

He doesn't want buyers. Zamparini, thus Palermo, isn't exactly skint. The guy's ploughed close to 100 million EURO into the club since buying them back in 2002.

Yeah but what scares me is that he said he received an offer of 45M....

I am betting that is our dumb board who is willing to pay that much.

Geez i want Pastore but not at that price!

Malaga haven't made any offer, according to Pastore AND his agent. I hope the fact that they are not in the Champions League dissuades him. Hopefully Barcelona get Fabregas, that will rule them out. Hopefully City get Nasri, that would most likely rule them out too. I read an article on the DailyMail today saying Inter Milan are planning to hijack the Tevez deal and offer Sneijder to City. If that happens, they wouldn't sign Pastore. If it's between us and Man Utd (they have been linked too), I'm confident we'll win.

I agree.

But let's not forget the willingness of players and it's transfer to Roma or so to write. Otherwise I prefer Modric

I hope it's us who made that offer. This guy would be a good long term replacement for Lampard. He only turned 21 recently. He would be really good in 2-3 years. Although I have a feeling, that like most Latin players, he'd prefer to move to Spain.

He wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Lampard I think, he is to offensive... At Palermo he used to play il a very very offensive midfield role, between Offensive Midfield and support striker (as Van der Vaart who is neither OM or suppot striker). In Sud America he played upfront !

He isn't as complete as Lampard, he would certainly have difficulty to adapt to the rythm of play in England, he is an exposed player as was Modric when he arrived in Premierleague... Modric has a lot of difficulties with the treatement he was made of, he didn't understood that technical players hadn'n a different status in England during his first months. Modric is a mobile player, Pastore is rather a dribbling player and he would be easily exposed to bad treatments...

We would take a big risk in signing him, we would need to adapt just a little the tactical aspect of the side because I see him with difficulty in a role of deep lying creative midfielder in our actual 4-3-3 shape... It's not what Villas Boas seems to try. He would have to adapt to the championship and it's not easy, it would take time...

For 50m I think the risk is too big even if the player is very good

He wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Lampard I think, he is to offensive... At Palermo he used to play il a very very offensive midfield role, between Offensive Midfield and support striker (as Van der Vaart who is neither OM or suppot striker). In Sud America he played upfront !

He isn't as complete as Lampard, he would certainly have difficulty to adapt to the rythm of play in England, he is an exposed player as was Modric when he arrived in Premierleague... Modric has a lot of difficulties with the treatement he was made of, he didn't understood that technical players hadn'n a different status in England during his first months. Modric is a mobile player, Pastore is rather a dribbling player and he would be easily exposed to bad treatments...

We would take a big risk in signing him, we would need to adapt just a little the tactical aspect of the side because I see him with difficulty in a role of deep lying creative midfielder in our actual 4-3-3 shape... It's not what Villas Boas seems to try. He would have to adapt to the championship and it's not easy, it would take time...

For 50m I think the risk is too big even if the player is very good

There is no way that he will cost €50M. Zamparini knows Pastore will leave this summer, this is just his way of getting more money. If he were to leave, expect it to be in the region of €35-40M I would imagine.

Oh, and if today's game showed anything, it's that we need more players who can dribble with the ball ;)

Guest justin_3d

Zamparini can say what ever the hell he wants.

Sanchez just went for less then that, and he ain't going to get more then that!

35M tops.

Sky Italia reporting that Pastore will sign for either Chelsea or le Arse. In that case, i dont see him joining Arsenal. C'mon Roman. Its time to pull off a major one.

Any links? Sky Italia haven't exactly been the most reliable of sources as of late.

Sky Italia reporting that Pastore will sign for either Chelsea or le Arse. In that case, i dont see him joining Arsenal. C'mon Roman. Its time to pull off a major one.

Pastore won't go to Arsenal! When was the last time they splashed out £40m for a player!! :whistling:

Arsenal 40m for a player? Behave Sky Italia, already makes the report a laughing stock. They had Di Matteo right yes, but they had Zola DoF appointment completely wrong. And Gourlay's comments about signings IMO will just be Oriol Romeu and Thibaut Courtois made official. Or one of these 2 plus Lukaku.

IMO also, I don't even think we are in for Pastore. Having heard AVB confirm he wants Modric, I still think the club will go all out for him, and this Zamparini is chatting shit as usual. Thought the other day it was La Liga where Pastore was going? unsure.gif

All that's been said is one European club has bid 45m euros. Given recent news of rumours it could be Chelsea, Man City, Malaga, PSG, Real Madrid, Inter (who im told are his preference) Roma. He can say Pastore will go abroad all he wants, but don't rule out him staying in Serie A