Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

This is not a case of wrong or right.

In the games before the tournament, Batista gaves several players a chance to make the starting line-up. If Pastore was performed (really) well in the games he played, he would've been a starter. Barcelona play with Iniesta don't they? He's an AM too.

Banega did better and he and Messi clicked well so the coach kept him in the starting line-up in the following games before the Copa America.

The number 10 playmaker position is just something on paper in the current team, Argentina's problem is that they don't have a real playmaker (one who's of great quality of course). They just pass it to the forwards and let them do all the work, hardly any support up front from midfield.

I said this before, if Riquelme was his old self he would definitely be playing.

Pastore is a playmaker, I dont know he is playing in Italy, since italian coachs in general are stupid. But in Argentina he is considered a playmaker.

Pastore is good enough to be a starting XI in Argentina NT.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pastore is a playmaker, I dont know he is playing in Italy, since italian coachs in general are stupid. But in Argentina he is considered a playmaker.

Pastore is good enough to be a starting XI in Argentina NT.

Everybody who plays AM and has at least a decent pass in him gets labled 'playmaker'. But I'm talking about a real playmaker, Xavi, Riquelme, Fabregas, Rui Costa, Zidane etc. Pastore is not that type of player (now).

Guest justin_3d

Everybody who plays AM and has at least a decent pass in him gets labled 'playmaker'. But I'm talking about a real playmaker, Xavi, Riquelme, Fabregas, Rui Costa, Zidane etc. Pastore is not that type of player (now).

I think Pastore play style is similar to David Silva.

It is why i wanted Pastore before the price hike, cause I sooo wanted David Silva last summer.

We need a guy like him, and i don't see anyone better after Silva then Pastore.

Mehh.. if Riquelme was in the squad (or better said, his old self), he would without a doubt be a starter.

Pastore's problem is more the fact that he's more the dribbling and final ball player type rather than a real playmaker, which is what they really need

There is a difference between Riquelme and Pastore, Riquelme is perfectly suited to play the AM position for Argentina in a 4-3-3 flat, he plays much deeper in midfield then Pastore. Riquelme is similar to Lampard and Gerrard while Pastore plays higher on the pitch similar to Kaka and Ozil. Messi drops far deeper then any CF, his position is occupying the Trequartista space. For Argentina to play Pastore they would have to change their formation, maybe 4-2-3-1 in which Pastore would play behind Messi. But this would not allow Messi the freedom and space to drop back in which he likes to do a lot for Barca and NT, and if you do this you are not getting the most effective messi on the pitch. If they had Riquelme there would be no need for formation changes, because can fit into the current 4-3-3 flat without any changes.

Riquelme and Pastore are simply different players. Riquelme just happens to be much more versatile and what Argentina needs atm.

If someone bid 50M, why isn't the deal done already? whistling.gif

Probably because either more than one club have bid (most likely), or they are waiting for other clubs to bid in order to get more money. Bidding only gets you the opportunity to discuss/propose terms with the player/agent anyway. It's not as simple as bidding £50M and the player moving the next day.

Guest justin_3d

Not even well renowned mugs like real madrid, man city and us would pay £50m for pastore. Palermo's president is delusional and has lost touch with reality

I hope Chelsea can play hardball like they did with Benfica and David Luiz! blue%20scalf.gif

An opinion of why Javier Pastore is valued at £45million

Javier Pastore is 22 years-old, has played 103 competitive football games, scored 25 goals, assisted 14, and cost his current club Palermo only £5 million when he joined them from the Argentinian side Club Atlético Huracán just two years ago. Now, in 2011, the Argentine attacking midfielder is being offered to clubs for over £40 million. How on earth has that happened, and why do so many believe that Pastore is worth that obscene amount?

Many of you may have looked at Pastore on YouTube when you heard clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Chelsea were interested in signing him. You may have seen his silky skills and elegant passing, his attacking style and eye for goal. Of course, that's great to see, and possibly a joy to behold, but do you really believe that he is worth the same as Zinedine Zidane was back in 2001? Is he really someone who you would risk splashing a staggering amount on in the hope that he could change the fortunes of your club?

In truth, I don't believe anyone is worth that amount, but then you have to look at the situation from a footballing point of view - football is in a whole world of it's own when it comes to money, and it's a world we can't even begin to comprehend. So I suppose in footballing terms, yes, Javier Pastore looks an impressive and very promising talent, with huge potential to grow into a world beater. But still - £45 million? It seems too much.

Hang on. Who's "interested" in the player again? Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Chelsea and AC Milan. Ah. It makes sense now. Of course Pastore isn't really worth the £45 million that we have been quoted. No, but Pastore's club know, that they have a young player capable of special things in their midst, and clubs with a seemingly limitless bank balance are interested - namely, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Chelsea.

This is something that many clubs with talented young players can now do; raise the price of their player when big clubs circle, quote them the sum expected, watch as they ponder thoughtfully while checking their wallets carefully, and sell the player for a massive profit. It's brilliant, and many clubs set out now, looking for young, promising, rough diamonds, with a profit in mind. Udinese are a perfect example.

Alexis Sanchez, the talented South American, who has been the subject of big bids from Manchester United, City and Barcelona this summer was part of Udinese's project of signing up loads of young, cheap South American and African footballers in the hope that one or two will turn out like Sanchez has so that the club can sell them on for a huge profit. Udinese were lucky that both sides of Manchester - the red and he blue registered interest in Sanchez, as it only increased his valuation - a valuation Barcelona are struggling to meet.

The Palermo chief has recently spoken about Javier Pastore's future, stating that it is very likely that his young star will be leaving this summer:

"There's a 90 per cent chance that he'll go away, because it is the desire of the player. That is normal when you know that certain clubs want you."

"Pastore will go to England or Spain. The favourites are Real Madrid and Malaga. Manchester City are also interested in him, as well as Manchester United and Chelsea."

So the truth is, Pastore isn't really worth £45 million, but Palermo know that clubs will be willing to pay that amount for him - and they will of course be willing to accept the money. Pastore may be very talented; his skills, his passing, his vision, his creativity, his flare, his talent for impersonations, but in my opinion, he isn't worth £45 million.

Source: Football-talk

Published: 7th July

It's just an opinion of the original writer. Interesting read.

At the end, Sneijder and Modric become more expensice than Pastore. Let's see...Sneijder earns 10 million yearly at Inter, Modric would want at least 7 million to come, Nasri the same (7 million) while Pastore could have a low salary (like Luiz) of around 4 million yearly. If they sign a 5 year contract, at the end Pastore becomes cheaper.