Joe Cole

Blueboy

Why? Wasnt he a fan of Man Utd? Why would he choose Chelsea? From what I read, (long time back) he was either

1. Turned off by the competition at Man Utd and saw a chance at Chelsea.

2. Rejected by Fergie.

Reading on he says the main reason he chose Chelsea was because of someone called Bob Orsborn who is a trainer. He goes on to say that the training was brilliant, so enjoyable. He just fell in love with the club. The interview is very interesting and asks him about what made him become a footballer, his first professional game, memorable game, etc... Captain Marvel his book may give more of an insight into about choosing between us and Man U. I haven't been able to get Captain Marvel as it's currently being reprinted i'm told, but I might get a copy of Amazon.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Wasnt he a fan of Man Utd? Why would he choose Chelsea? From what I read, (long time back) he was either

1. Turned off by the competition at Man Utd and saw a chance at Chelsea.

2. Rejected by Fergie.

From I have read and been told, he has always been a Chelsea fan since he was a kid and while developing at West Ham and at their academy was reportedly offered roughly £10 from Man Utd. at 16. Obviously it never happened as he would stay at West Ham until he was about 22 for Chelsea when West Ham got regulated.

And you weren't a Chelsea supporter ...

No, I was Man Utd growing up. You know what it's like when you're a boy, you want to support the team that's winning everything. And my dad and grandad were Man Utd fans. But my first day at Chelsea I knew that was the club I wanted to be at. I just loved it. But Man Utd also approached me.

I met Alex Ferguson - great to meet. During the school holidays I would go up to Manchester and train with their boys for two weeks, play a few games and come home. But one thing that was really special about Man Utd was that Alex Ferguson took time out and invited me to one of their games and to have lunch with their players. So there we are - me, my mum and dad, my brother. He made me feel so special, autographs, my photo done with the Premiership trophy. I think it was hard for my dad to take that I was going to sign for Chelsea, but I had to sit him down and tell him it was definitely the right decision.