Essien Issues Warning

SSN

Essien issues warning

Chelsea's Michael Essien has warned their rivals that the team are more fired up than ever following their Premier League defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.

The Blues are six points behind the Gunners following their 1-0 defeat at the Emirates Stadium, but proved that the knock back only makes them strive for victory as they overcame Liverpool in the Carling Cup quarter-final on Wednesday with a 2-0 win.

Chelsea's next league game comes at Blackburn on Sunday and Essien is confident they will bounce back as they bid to win trophies this season.

"We are very bad losers. We hate to lose, we always like to win," Essien told the Daily Star.

"It was tough to lose at Arsenal but it was up to us to forget it, keep ourselves together and come back.

"The next team normally pays for it because, as you saw against Liverpool, we don't like to lose two games in a a row.

"We can bounce back after Sunday. We play every game to win.

"We had one setback against Arsenal and I think we showed against Liverpool how much we hate losing and that we can win something this season."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnesen should have emphasis on scouts in Africa, if he hasn't already, judging by the quality of players coming from there. Something Arsenal realised a few years ago.

Yes but because of the ACN we are unlikely to sign many players from Africa. Which is a shame because there are some outstanding players comming out from there at the moment including the young man we have just had on trial.

Arnesen should have emphasis on scouts in Africa, if he hasn't already, judging by the quality of players coming from there. Something Arsenal realised a few years ago.

Agree, I thought that a while back. The African nations are becoming stronger each year and although we may miss them during the ACON (which is a pain in the arse) these type of players we should be picking up and aim to bring them on through the academy

Agree, I thought that a while back. The African nations are becoming stronger each year and although we may miss them during the ACON (which is a pain in the arse) these type of players we should be picking up and aim to bring them on through the academy

Bringing them into the Academy is a problem as well because they do not have an EU passsport....

Racist.

How does Wenger manage to get his hands (no pun intended) on so many ?

Through the back doors with his "Dodgy" clubs in countries where there isn't much difficulty in them obtaining an EU passport quickly.

Also at the moment because he picks them up at about 20(ish) the chances are they already play regulary for their national team so there is no permit problems then. To pick up 16 year olds for the academy would be very very hard indeed.

Through the back doors with his "Dodgy" clubs in countries where there isn't much difficulty in them obtaining an EU passport quickly.

Also at the moment because he picks them up at about 20(ish) the chances are they already play regulary for their national team so there is no permit problems then. To pick up 16 year olds for the academy would be very very hard indeed.

Right. Also I think France had more colonies in Africa than the UK ? So some would be entitled to dual nationality.

Right. Also I think France had more colonies in Africa than the UK ? So some would be entitled to dual nationality.

Are they really entitled to dual nationality? How does that work? If they were born in a country that has now severed it's links with it's former colony, I don't see how they could qualify automatically to be a British or French or whatever national.

Are they really entitled to dual nationality? How does that work? If they were born in a country that has now severed it's links with it's former colony, I don't see how they could qualify automatically to be a British or French or whatever national.

It works like that in Northern Ireland believe it or not.

You can have a British passport and/or an Irish passport.

Edited by Tri-Blue

It works like that in Northern Ireland believe it or not.

You can have a British passport and/or an Irish passport.

Not quite the same though is it? That's very much an issue of identity, but I wouldn't have said a Ghanaian could claim to feel British instead of Ghanaian.