Klass Jan Huntelaar

Aesthetic Relic

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool are likely to be involved in a bidding war for Ajax striker Klass Jan Huntelaar. The player said a few months ago that he will quit Ajax at the end of the season to move on to bigger and better things abroad and since then several clubs have had scouts watch him.

Huntelaar, 24, was named Ajax player of the year in 2006 and has been nicknamed "the hunter" due to his goal scoring abilities. Since joining Ajax back in 2005 he has scored an incredible 74 goals in just 92 appearances, form that has attracted the interests of the Premier League sides. It is believed that any club who wants to sign him will have to cough up as much as £20 million.

If we were gonna sign anyone this summer I'd prefer we made a move for this guy. Still young and has loads of potential to improve on what is already a very good goalscoring record.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the right player for us if Drogba leave klass jan will replace him easily

I wouldnt say easily.

I dont think theres another striker in Europe who would be in the same bracket as Drogba atm.

Huntelaar is a different type of player all together. From what I know he's more of a box player/poacher who would do well considering the amount of chances we would create for him.

I wouldnt say easily.

I dont think theres another striker in Europe who would be in the same bracket as Drogba atm.

Huntelaar is a different type of player all together. From what I know he's more of a box player/poacher who would do well considering the amount of chances we would create for him.

The main criteria for us when it comes to a striker is someone who can operate as a loan striker with support from the wings and from midfield. I think Huntelaar will be able to this job very well and get better with time..

The main criteria for us when it comes to a striker is someone who can operate as a loan striker with support from the wings and from midfield. I think Huntelaar will be able to this job very well and get better with time..

Yupp that is the thing tha I was saying!!

• 2 months later...

Chelsea join race for Ajax ace Huntelaar

Chelsea are eyeing Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

Rome's Leggo says Chelsea will compete with Juventus and Roma for Holland international Huntelaar should they sell Didier Drogba at the end of the season.

Chelsea could have the inside-running for Huntelaar, with his former Ajax coach Henk ten Cate now working at Stamford Bridge.

I think there is a high likelyhood that both Pizarro and Sheva could be leaving in the summer. So even if Drogba does stay i would like to see us sign a striker, and Huntelaar along with players like Benzema are exactly the type of player we should be looking at.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You