Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

BlueLion.

Just to add to that , I thought Ballack was excellent tonight , its pretty obvious that we seem to play better with him in our diamond than when he doesnt play. Frank was superb , the best player on the pitch. Great to see his name back on the scoresheet again.

I heard the panel were giving out loads bout ballack and deco saying the werent good enough for champions league...dont agree with that at all

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add to that, what are everyone's thoughts about Deco? How do they think he played tonight? Is he going to be a permanent fixture in our side under Ancelotti?

I thought he was real good..he had a few sloppy moments but hes real creative with the ball i hope hes a permanent fixture lol i think hes class

wish we could get a ref like that every game, overall a very enjoyable performance.

even though kalou can occasional get into scoring positions, i just feel if sturridge or even borini was giving 90 minutes they could do the same lmao especially against athletico.

I think he played well as well, but I'd have liked him to get a little more involved, wouldn't you? There was certain spells where I didn't see him touch the ball for a good 5 minutes or so.

And to add to that, what are everyone's thoughts about Deco? How do they think he played tonight? Is he going to be a permanent fixture in our side under Ancelotti?

I think he brings a bit more power and authority into the diamond when he plays , I thought he played some clever passes tonight , he worked hard and was , for the most part , efficient on the ball. Granted maybe at times he could have gotten a bit more involved with some of the moves but overall I wouldnt have many faults against tonights performance.

Deco played some sublime passes at times , but then he sort of drifted out of the game , so its a sort of half and half performance. I think he is a valuable member of the squad to have as you can bring him on as an impact sub or start him in certain games and he will produce , however I dont think he should be a starter , I think Joe Cole would be better in that role.

I heard the panel were giving out loads bout ballack and deco saying the werent good enough for champions league...dont agree with that at all

Ye this is one of the few times Id disagree with the panel. Ok , maybe they arent far off with their point on Deco , I dont think he would be the right man to start with against the really top clubs in Europe , however Ballack has completely won me over , I think he does a very good job in the diamond both with and without the ball. I also thought he was excellent last year against the slick passing of Barca which the panel said would be his downfall as he doesnt have the legs to keep up.

:lol: LMFAO!

Great way to come back from the disappointments of Villa Park; we were sharp going forward and Terry and Ivanovic took no prisoners at the back with imperious displays. Essien and Lampard were superb in the second half particularly, and Belletti's constant raids forward were enjoyable to watch. Kalou continues to frustrate but he got his name on the scoresheet twice, so all in all, a very good evening's work. Ballack was quietly brilliant once again - its not by chance the only games we have lost this season have not featured the German.

Sorry this is so late, some of us have to work. Anyway, what a dazzling display I saw yesterday and another home win for us. The atmosphere I thought was a little sombre at the start and I found it took time for us to get going (fans and players), it didn't stop me enjoying myself. Good to see Lamps finally scoring, let's hope he keeps it up for future matches. I think we have every chance of winning the league with what I saw last night. I know we will have tougher opponents, but I think we can cope. I know we'll have players missing in January (i.e. Drogba, Essien, Kalou for the Africans Cup, but we've still got Anelka and Sturridge as strikers. My only worry would be if either of these players were to become injured.