Jonathan de Guzman

the wes

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen is trying to push through a £4m deal for Feyenoord starlet Jonathan de Guzman.

Arnesen watched 21-year-old forward de Guzman score twice in Feyenoord's 4-0 home win over Roda JC.

That has prompted Arnesen to recommend Chelsea try to complete a cut-price deal on the Dutch under-21 international.

DeGuzman, first watched by Chelsea two years ago, only has one year lefton his contract and Arnesen believes they can get him on the cheap.

Chelsea signed Salomon Kaloufrom the same route three years ago and De Guzman can also play wide orthrough the middle and would provide extra strength to CarloAncelotti’s squad.

Ancelotti has insisted there will be no more buys this summer but de Guzman couldprovide valuable back-up and is also seen as one for the future.

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk

Edited by the wes

Feyenoord youngster Jonathan de Guzman has no interest in joining Chelsea as he feels his first team opportunities would be limited.

The 21-year-old Dutch forward believes a transfer to Primera Division side Valencia would be the perfect way to progress his career.

"The chances I (will) get to play (at Valencia) are bigger than at Chelsea," De Guzman told Dutch magazine Sportweek.

"And I don't want to be directly loaned out to another club. I want to go to Valencia. I feel a transfer to Valencia is the right step in my career.

"But if the clubs won't come to an agreement, I don't have any problemswith staying at Feyenoord. I am still very happy at this club."

tribalfootball.com

• 1 year later...

Yes, that is his brother Julian de Guzman. Jonathan de Guzman only played for Feyenoord and Mallorca, Jonathan was a good player for Feyenoord but was 70% injured. His free kick is fabulous, fabulous in the Eredivisie - can mean worse in the Premier League. I don't think he can add something to this Chelsea, maybe he can in the future but i wouldn't buy him for now. I see more potencial in Christian Eriksen, a player that plays for Ajax Amsterdam in the Eredivisie. He doesn't score a lot but he has great vision and ballcontrol!

'The new superstar of Danish football'

Edited by Vincent

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You