I'll be away for a bit

BluesChick

With the school year starting and my children's fall sports in full swing, I will not be able to stop in and chat as much :( My daughter is playing her first competitive football season and her first tournament is this weekend. (Wish her luck!! I'll post some pics later) My oldest runs cross country and I am back teaching. Between their practice schedules my evenings are booked solid! I'll try not to miss y'all to much!! ;)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you've got your hands full. Good luck to your daughter, is she looking forward to playing in her first match? Don't worry about not being able to post as much, i'm sure you'll be back soon

KTBFFH :clap:

Thanks all! Her scrimmage has been canceled, but the tournament starts tomorrow and I think she's excited. She loves playing and likes her team and that's all I can ask for. Most of her team played together last year and are very excited to finally have someone to play in goal that actually likes to be there! I'll take pictures if it isn't a monsoon... we're expecting thunderstorms all weekend. Hopefully they won't cancel the games (the town owns the fields they play on and cancel much sooner than the soccer complex does).

Relic... thanks for my apple! I've never actually gotten one from a student, isn't that odd. They usually give me gift certificates to Starbucks (unfortunately I don't drink coffee, but I do like drink tea... just not Starbucks tea LOL) or barns and nobles. I did get a bottle of wine one Christmas, I think she was just hoping for a passing grade! Oh, my Engineering Club bought me a Newton's Cradle last year... always a near thing when a group of teenage boys buy a gift for a female teacher the age of their mum!! LOL

Okay, I suppose I should go write my lab quiz for tomorrow and figure out my lesson plans.

Okay, I may have a nervous break down being the Keeper's mum!! wacko.gif LOL but she loves it! They've won their first two games 2-0, 2-1!! She was really upset when they got a goal, because it had to do with a pass back and she hesitated before kicking it. She was very mad and upset at herself! blue%20scalf.gif But they recovered and won!! Here's some pictures of my beautiful girl! (wub.gif no, i'm not biased at all!)

CIT-Saturday.gif

Keeper-girl.gifCIT-Warm-ups.gif

BTW... is it not to perfect that her colors are blue and white :D

Thanks for all the good wishes and compliments (I think she's beautiful but I might be a tad bias ;) so it's nice to hear the compliments)! They did wonderfully for their first games of the season. Won the first 3 (2-0, 2-1, 5-0) and made it to the final but lost to a very good and agressive team 7-0; Mac took it all very hard being the keeper! She had some really good saves however and our coach and parents were all very supportive and made sure to tell her how well she played.