I Just Noticed...

ZanSnake

That we haven't got enough English bred players for CL.

According to what i've heard, you have to have at least 8 players from the teams native country and we have:

1. Joe Cole

2. Ashley cole

3. John Terry

4. Frank Lampard

5. Ross Turnbull

6. Daniel Sturridge

the only way we could compete if we put Sam Hutchinson and Michael Mancienne in the squad aswell, but with rumours saying he is going on loan to Wolves, looks unlikely he will be called, and is Sam Hutchinson actually ready for that?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we've kept a player at the club long enough from a young enough age they can still qualify as Homegrown, so I think actually we may be okay, but I would've thought we'd include Mancienne and Hutchinson in any case.

Ah, the good old complicated Champions League lists!

Even if we don't have enough English grown players it doesn't matter, it just means we field a smaller squad for the Champions League. A few youngsters will be added to list B just to be on the safe side. But it looks like Mancienne will go out on loan, and i am sure they would like to find Hutchinson a loan for this season also.

Has this anything to do with the 6+5 rule ???

Nope, this is the UEFA "Homegrown" rule, which was put in place because the 6+5 was never going to be allowed to be passed. A similar rule to the UEFA one has been taken up by the football league and will be implimented in the Premier League in the near future. If you search this forum for the UEFA Homegrown rule there are a couple of threads where i have explained how it works in detail....

So if we are gonna call up some youngsters, who shall they be, since Michael has gone on loan he's out of the equation

Stoch and Sinclair are gone too.

Someone put up a list last season with names of who fell into which bracket reguarding homegrown players. It shouldnt be much different from now.

Anyone fancy having a troll and finding it ? :whistling:

Stoch and Sinclair are gone too.

Someone put up a list last season with names of who fell into which bracket reguarding homegrown players. It shouldnt be much different from now.

Anyone fancy having a troll and finding it ? :whistling:

Here Ya Go:

Still only JT for the "club trained" section so we will be short again. I would imagine players like Bruma and Kakuta will be on list B this season.