Beckham backs Blues for title

David Beckham believes Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti can win the Barclays Premier League trophy.

The Blues have not claimed glory in England's top flight since they were back-to-back champions under former manager Jose Mourinho in 2005 and 2006.

Ancelotti is the club's latest manager, following Avram Grant, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Guus Hiddink's departures, having left AC Milan for the role.

England international Beckham worked under Ancelotti during a loan spell at the San Siro last season and is sure the Italian will be a success in the Barclays Premier League.

"Chelsea are so lucky because Carlo is a great man and a great manager," the former Manchester United player said.

"He can definitely make Chelsea champions again. No doubt about it. And I say that even though everybody knows I have Manchester United in my heart.

"Yes, it will be difficult because the Premier League is totally different to the Serie A but he has great experience and I am convinced he will be a great success in England, too.

"You don't do what he did at Milan and suddenly lose it overnight. So I say good luck to him, he deserves it."

Premierleague.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, He is capable of some great free kicks too, and yes, I could picture all the girls I know wearing a Chelsea shirt with Beckham on the back.

And apparently all the LA Galaxy fans were booing him, so maybe that could trigger the move.

Edited by Jessman

I wouldn't mind if he did to be honest. He'd be no more than cover, but the amount of shirts we'd sell would be incredible.

Sorry to disagree, but I would hate to sign a player just to sell merchandise, I would only accept him if he can actually help achieve success.

Sorry to disagree, but I would hate to sign a player just to sell merchandise, I would only accept him if he can actually help achieve success.

Well to have a player like Beckham come off the bench and put in some excellent set piece deliveries would do nothing but help us.

Well to have a player like Beckham come off the bench and put in some excellent set piece deliveries would do nothing but help us.

I agree sign becks lol drogba would lust after his crosses and he would sell more shirts then van basten.