Deco aims parting shot at Abramovich

Chelsea midfielder Deco has blasted Roman Abramovich, accusing the Russian oligarch of treating the club as his personal "toy". The former Barcelona and Porto star struggled for form and fitness in his first season at the west London club and is expected to depart Stamford Bridge this summer. In a scathing attack on the Chelsea owner, he accused Abramovich of interfering in team affairs and not having enough patience with coaching staff.

He told the Daily Star: "Chelsea are kind of his toy. Sometimes Abramovich makes decisions that go over the head of the director of football. The exit of Big Phil was rash.

"Chelsea are a special club. If Big Phil was perhaps at Manchester United or Liverpool, they respect the coach and give him time to work. But Chelsea are different."

He added: "Honestly, I did not like the experience at Chelsea. I'm looking for another club where I can feel good."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank fuck he's leaving.....he'd something like 2-3 good games at the start of the season. Imo he was a mercinary looking for a payday and an easy ride. Well he certainly got his eyes open.

If he's got his knickers in a twist over not getting back into the side then he should have shown the spirit that we've grown accustomed to with the likes of JT, Essien, Joe Cole all returning from injury and fighting their way back into the team. Waste of oxygen...GTFO

To be fair to Deco he does have a point. I honestly think he could still do a good job for us. He started the season on fire. He has had fitness problems and some bad luck this season. And i would think about taking a gamble on him next season. But ageing players is not what we need.