Chelsea's Deco: I Have Started Negotiations With Inter

Chelsea's Deco: I Have Started Negotiations With Inter

The Brazilian-born Portugal international has admitted he would be more than happy to move to Italy this summer...

32901_news.jpg

Chelsea's Deco has confessed that he has entered into negotiations with Serie A giants Inter with view to a transfer during the close-season.

The 31-year-old only moved to Stamford Bridge from Barcelona for €9.1 million (£8m) last summer.

But after making a good start to his career with the west London outfit, scoring in the first two games of the season, the midfielder suffered a dip in form and subsequently made just 22 starts throughout the 2008-09 campaign.

It was reported that Nerazzurri head coach Jose Mourinho, who knows Deco from their time together at Porto, was ready to take him to the San Siro, and the player has confirmed that talks are underway.

"I can confirm I'm talking with Inter," Deco is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"I didn't get to play much this year at Chelsea and a move to Italy would be a very good solution.

"To be coached by Mourinho again would be very interesting.

"But I don't want to go into details because it's not me who's dealing with the matter."

Mourinho recently intimated that he was looking to land Deco, remarking, "If I sign any Portuguese, it may be a Portuguese who isn't in Portugal. But I won't name names."

However, he could have been talking about any number of players, including Ricardo Carvalho. It was reported on Wednesday that Inter were hoping to purchase both Deco and Ricardo Carvalho this summer for a combined fee of €13.7m (£12m).

Edited by Kajo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye bye :) Can't say I'm too sad to see him go, whilst I appreciate this has been his first season, he hasn't tried like Shevchenko or Ballack did. He's been quite lazy, I must confess, and as much as I like the player, its best for both parties if he just moves on.

Bye bye :) Can't say I'm too sad to see him go, whilst I appreciate this has been his first season, he hasn't tried like Shevchenko or Ballack did. He's been quite lazy, I must confess, and as much as I like the player, its best for both parties if he just moves on.

He started off very well, but since then has looked poor and not been able to work his way back into the team. Plus like most 30+ players is starting to suffer from regular injuries.

He started off very well, but since then has looked poor and not been able to work his way back into the team. Plus like most 30+ players is starting to suffer from regular injuries.

Two goals in his first two games is all he ever did for us!