How Much Should We Spend This Transfer Season

With the tramsfer window fast approaching, we begin to hear rumours of players being linked with club. It looks as though this year there will be quite some more activity at The Bridge than last year. So it is time for strategizing and how do we feel we should approach the transfer window. Yes it is quite apparent that we will have a new manager which hopefully we will appoint very soon after the FA Cup final, the more time he has the better. So exactly how much work does the current squad need? Talks of an overhaul are nothing short of ridiculous as we have proven under Hiddink that we still are a world class outfit. However we do lack the sort of depth we used to have and our average age is rather high. in recent times we have seen more players going out the exit door than being welcomed at Stamford Bridge, but I feel this time round we need to bring in more than we let go. So where does this leave us? Well, firstly we need to bring the average age down, so thats means getting rid of a few players above 30 and then replacing them with younger ones. then we need to work on problem areas, most importantly a wide man. Then its all about filling the gaps with younger talent hungry for success. i think to be in an ideal postion we need two high quality players for every position. We already have that in defence with the exception of left back. Our midfield we definately need a bit more depth and out wide of course we are a bit short. We need a second choice goalkeeper and third choice striker...but who the hell do we bring in and at what cost? i really do think we need to get it right this seson with regards to transfers. we simply cannot afford another Dani Alves/Robinho fuck up that leaves us a bit short. so I say we should go out, get a manager, and aquire our targets as soon as we can and have plenty of time to prepare for the season.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell:

Ballack

Claudio Pizarro

Deco and maybe Ricky Carvalho to Intermilan

Buy:

Edin Dzeko or Araunovich and Daniel Sturridge

Yuri Zhirkov

Yoanne Gourcuff

and my last hope: Kün Agüero for a future striking partnership between him and Franco

edit: by the way thank god we fucked up the Alves signing. He's one of my most hated players up there with Christiano.

Edited by thejolta

I see where you going with the players you suggest should come and go, but looking at it, you have suggested some very good young players to bring in, but if we were to seel the players you mentioned and then buy those that you mentioned to you really feel like we would have a better squad? I suppose thats the whole point im trying to make is that we need to improve on what we currently have and not simply replace those who leave with players of equal ability. I think we really need to look at bringing in at least one player of world class ability, ie. Ribery, Kaka, Iniesta, David Villa. By doing this we will be improving what we currently have and then all we need to do is replace the players who leave with players of equal talent

I see where you going with the players you suggest should come and go, but looking at it, you have suggested some very good young players to bring in, but if we were to seel the players you mentioned and then buy those that you mentioned to you really feel like we would have a better squad? I suppose thats the whole point im trying to make is that we need to improve on what we currently have and not simply replace those who leave with players of equal ability. I think we really need to look at bringing in at least one player of world class ability, ie. Ribery, Kaka, Iniesta, David Villa. By doing this we will be improving what we currently have and then all we need to do is replace the players who leave with players of equal talent

Well I see your point. I would put Aguero under the world class listing (just needs someone to teach him how to finish). Iniesta will never leave Barcelona. David Villa I see making a move to another La Liga team before he moves to England. Would love to get Ribery or Kaka but I question our ability to coax them out to Stamford Bridge.

Of all the world class players out for sale I think the most likely if we pushed hard enough would be Tevez if we could offer MSI ~5 million pounds more than United will. I know Tevez will be pining for a transfer to scouseland, but I really think we need to make a big push. Him playing alongside Drogba would be nearly unstoppable. Two very highly motivated powerful Strikers.

Well I see your point. I would put Aguero under the world class listing (just needs someone to teach him how to finish). Iniesta will never leave Barcelona. David Villa I see making a move to another La Liga team before he moves to England. Would love to get Ribery or Kaka but I question our ability to coax them out to Stamford Bridge.

Of all the world class players out for sale I think the most likely if we pushed hard enough would be Tevez if we could offer MSI ~5 million pounds more than United will. I know Tevez will be pining for a transfer to scouseland, but I really think we need to make a big push. Him playing alongside Drogba would be nearly unstoppable. Two very highly motivated powerful Strikers.

i think the jury is till out a bit with Aguero, no doubt he has a lot of talent but is a bit unproven at this stage. Tevez is world class and i would love him, but because of the position he plays, I think it wouldmean that we need to sell either Drogba or Anelka which i cant really see happening so again I just wonder if it would improve our squad. Trying to think where we are a bit weak, definately out wide, so for me we have to make someone like Ribery a priority.

i think the jury is till out a bit with Aguero, no doubt he has a lot of talent but is a bit unproven at this stage. Tevez is world class and i would love him, but because of the position he plays, I think it wouldmean that we need to sell either Drogba or Anelka which i cant really see happening so again I just wonder if it would improve our squad. Trying to think where we are a bit weak, definately out wide, so for me we have to make someone like Ribery a priority.

I'd say the only reason the juries out on Aguero is because of his shit finishing. The guy can create, watch a few Atletico games on GolTV and you'll see he gets past the back line of the defense at least 5 times per match. There's a reason why Forlan won the Golden Boot: Aguero. Aguero certainly is capable of playing winger as well.

OUT:

Kalou 8 million

Deco 4 million

Carvalho 7million

Belleti 2 million

Pizzaro 6 million

Sheva 5 million

Miniero 1 million

Total: 33 million

IN:

Arnautvic: 12 million if we buy Sturridge then he would be free

Zirkov: 15 million

Dzagoev: 9 million

Assman 5 million

Total: 41 million or 29 million depending we buy Sturrdige or Arnautovic.

I dont see who else we need. May be spend 8 million in total when you do the math.

May be May be If Carlo Ancelloti needs a Pirlo/Carrick type midfielder, we may buy him instead of Dzagoev.

Edited by warnie_666

OUT:

Kalou 8 million

Deco 4 million

Carvalho 7million

Belleti 2 million

Pizzaro 6 million

Sheva 5 million

Miniero 1 million

Total: 33 million

IN:

Arnautvic: 12 million if we buy Sturridge then he would be free

Zirkov: 15 million

Dzagoev: 9 million

Assman 5 million

Total: 41 million or 29 million depending we buy Sturrdige or Arnautovic.

I dont see who else we need. May be spend 8 million in total when you do the math.

May be May be If Carlo Ancelloti needs a Pirlo/Carrick type midfielder, we may buy him instead of Dzagoev.

Why get rid of Kalou and Belleti who add some serious depth to our squad? Also Miniero is not gonna fetch 1 million lol and did we sign him to a multi-year contract? If so WHY?

Why get rid of Kalou and Belleti who add some serious depth to our squad? Also Miniero is not gonna fetch 1 million lol and did we sign him to a multi-year contract? If so WHY?

We got him for free and i think he was signed for two years. I am not too bothered if we have to sell him for free.

Kalou should be sold cus, it has been 3 seasons and he still hasnt improved. His finishing needs alot of improvement. The fact that Hiddink took him off after 38 mins vs Liverpool shows how poor he was. Even Anelka playing out of position is better than Kalou on the wing and in a striker's role.

Belleti, cus he 33. We need some young blood. We can promote Jack Cork or buy a young midfielder. Belleti is old.

As much as we need to, to build the right squad for next season. 1 Big name signing and a handful of big prospects is what i think we will see and what we need to see.

For the most part, I am with you

I do not think we need a slew of massive signings like some want.

I do not think we are as old as some rivals seem to think BUT I do admit that we need some young blood.

I would hope for 1-2 signficiant signings and a slew of young pups

Exactly.. One big name.. hopefully Ribery thou he has failed to convince me on a consistent basis !! and some good prospects is all we need to have a proper season.

Ship Out

Miniero - Free

Paulo - 2 m ??

Deco - 5 r 6

Pizzaro - 5 r 6

Sheva - 4 r 5

Carvalho - 7 r 8

Malouda - 11 r 12

Ins

Ribery - 35 max

Zhirkov - 15

Wudnt even be a big transfer spending as media suggest !!

Exactly.. One big name.. hopefully Ribery thou he has failed to convince me on a consistent basis !! and some good prospects is all we need to have a proper season.

Ship Out

Miniero - Free

Paulo - 2 m ??

Deco - 5 r 6

Pizzaro - 5 r 6

Sheva - 4 r 5

Carvalho - 7 r 8

Malouda - 11 r 12

Ins

Ribery - 35 max

Zhirkov - 15

what if we add drogba to that list...

do you think we can get benzema aswell?? :mellow:

Ship Out

Miniero - Free

Paulo - 2 m ??

Deco - 5 r 6

Pizzaro - 5 r 6

Sheva - 4 r 5

Carvalho - 7 r 8

Malouda - 11 r 12

Ins

Ribery - 35 max

Zhirkov - 15

If this was all we did, we would have a squad of about 18 players?

Personally I think we need to bring in two more players than what we let go of, so if we let 5 players go, we should bring in 7 new ones, thats excluding the likes of Mineiro and Pizarro, Sheva who arent really part of the current squad