Drogba apologizes personally to Roman

DIDIER DROGBA has given a personal apology to Roman Abramovich - paving the way for the controversial striker to STAY at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea hierarchy took a dim view of his behaviour in the aftermath of their Champions League exit against Barcelona and, with only a year on his contract, Drogba seemed certain to be sold this summer.

But we understand Drogba - as well as making a public apology for his antics - has said sorry to Abramovich and is determined to remain at Stamford Bridge.

With a new manager still not announced, the decision on Drogba's future will ultimately be made by the club's billionaire owner.

But a source close to Drogba told us: "Didier is totally committed to Chelsea despite the fallout from the semi-final. The club have been supportive of him over the years and he wants to repay that faith."

Drogba apologizes to Roman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any have an idea how many apologies he's came out with during his time here?

Must be hitting a half dozen times at least. He's what....30 years old?

I can understand his frustration during the Barca match as tensions were high, but surely he must think to himself its about time I knuckle down and stop the petulance. If he wants to apologise in the right way he should stop going down so easily and recapture the form he had several years ago. He's a big man and shouldnt be nudged off the ball by anyone.

He is a great player, But is given the club a bad repuatation.

Reputation? People have hated us since we got rich-avich! I couldn't give a fuck whos likes us or not. At the end of the day it will be our football that does the talking. Besides, we are still more liked than liverscum.

Any have an idea how many apologies he's came out with during his time here?

Must be hitting a half dozen times at least. He's what....30 years old?

I can understand his frustration during the Barca match as tensions were high, but surely he must think to himself its about time I knuckle down and stop the petulance. If he wants to apologise in the right way he should stop going down so easily and recapture the form he had several years ago. He's a big man and shouldnt be nudged off the ball by anyone.

You get 75900 results for Googl-ing "Drogba Apology" :rolleyes:

IMO Drogba will end his career at Stamford Bridge. Roman is not dumb, he knows DD is a threat and he's not willing to break the bank to sign a player like David Villa, Ribery or Ibrahimovic. On top of that, a 3-4 year contract is pretty safe for a player like Drogba, but I guess that all depends if Ancelotti has plans for him or not.

Reputation? People have hated us since we got rich-avich!

You will find we have been hated since 1905. :D

Always seen as a fancy dan 'buying' club who bought players to get ourselves out of strife. ;)

Plus the connection with the the stage never helped our cause...

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba insists he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge as long as the club want him.

The controversial forward has endured a mixed season and has consistently been linked with a move to Inter Milan to join up again with former coach Jose Mourinho.

However, Drogba claims he hopes to continue firing Chelsea to more success.

"I believe the future of Chelsea will be splendid because we have created something for which now many want to come to Chelsea," he told Sky Italia.

"They know that when they come here every year they have to fight to win trophies.

"This club was already historical but it will become even more so.

"I am very proud to be part of all of it and I want to stay here as long as they want me."

Drogba Keen to Stay