The snowball effect

Well we all knew the fall out from this game would be huge straight after the final whistle, but it really has gathered momentum and a crazy pace, with lies and bullshit filling the pages of the press.

Initially we were praised for our performance and given sympathy for the poor descisions the ref made in the game. Also on the side of that was a bit of slating of Drogba and the reaction of the team.

Then the snowball effect takes place. Sky Sports started the ridiculous OTT reaction by replaying Drogba swearing into the camera after an ad break, when they could have chosen not to play it or edit the swearing out, and THEN apologise for the swearing. Bearing in mind the time, saying fuck is not uncommon at that time on TV.

Next we have Graham "w**ker" Poll, who would have absolutely no idea that it happened say that the ref had his hotel changed and was then smuggled out the country. Now the ONLY source of this information is the attention seeking twat Poll! But now it is fact.

Next cue a Journo is some s**ty rag who spent all night trawling through Chelsea fan sites and Facebook looking for reactions, and seeing people say things like "i want to kill the ref" and a facebook group of people who want to kill the ref! Next thing you know he is scared for his life after "receiving" death threats. Again the only source of any death threats is a Journo seeing a few angry posts on some CFC chat sites.

So here we are 24 hours later and everything has got out of control, Drogba is a rabid dog that needs putting down, Chelsea fans just go around threatening to kill anyone who looks at them funny and Ovrebo is under 24 hour guard.

All of this thanks to a few well placed comments and report in the Media...... don't you just love the English media..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All good points and I noticed the same. Initially there was widespread critism of the Norwegian Parrott and a bit about Ballack and Drogba losing it.

Now its all ''Chelsea Out of Control'' bollocks. The club have obviously made Drogba and Boswinga make conciliatory statements, apologising for their behaviour. Come on now we cant have any passion in the game, even when you've been clearly robbed of one the biggest tournamnts can we ?

Now this morning its all ''Chelsea will receive sanctions'' ''Drogba will be forced out' ' and '' Roman Furious at Drogba'' What a load of old shit. I bet you Abramovich greatly sympathised with the lads, and was just as angry.

With all the attention on Chelsea and the poor ref a victim -is it any wonder refereeing standards decline ?

PS I notice an MEP in Yorkshire is taking UEFA to court for the Milan Leeds 1973 Final. Milan won 1-0. The ref is alleged to have taken a bung, and Leeds were denied 3 Clear penalties!

It is crazy, especially considering the way Barca reacted after the first leg. And they were around the ref at half time. And lets not forget in 2004/2005 when we knocked Barca out and they absolutely lost it! Similar scenes, accusations of racism from Barca and they trashed the away dressing room....... for some reason i don't remember quite the same reaction!

It was so obvious that we was going to be slaughtered in the press, but i was suprised yesterday with the pretty good reaction, but it just turned out it was the calm before the storm.

And people wonder why Chelsea fans have the feeling that the world is against them.....

trawling through Chelsea fan sites and Facebook looking for reactions, and seeing people say things like "i want to kill the ref" and a facebook group of people who want to kill the ref! Next thing you know he is scared for his life after "receiving" death threats.

it's a common expression with things go wrong

end of the day journalists where outside his house taking pcitures & video footage

so the media is probs gonna get our players banned for a long time

it's a common expression with things go wrong

end of the day journalists where outside his house taking pcitures & video footage

so the media is probs gonna get our players banned for a long time

Yeah, that was another thing. The media reporting on police having been stationed at his house, reports from his country were that they were put they to keep the media at bay. The guy wasn't even at his house at the time.

I agree about the Drogba thing.I only saw him hussled down the tunnel at the time so idea clue what was said until got home and must have seen it about 3 times.Bleeped out yeh but you know whats been said its kinda eh...

The media are pretty much slating us...fans of other clubs are actully understanding.The ones on the radio anyway which was wow...makes a change

And that Roman/Drogba shit..seriously what joruno had a word with him and then he said that..bull shit imo