Slaven Bilic

Kajo

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/...s-hiddink-repor

Chelsea Line-Up Slaven Bilic To Take Over From Guus Hiddink – Report

The Blues are said to have already made contact with the Croatia head coach...

According to a report in the British tabloid The Sun, Premier League outfit Chelsea have identified Croatia head coach Slaven Bilic as the man to take over from Guus Hiddink at the end of the season.

Apparently, Hiddink is helping the Blues in their search for a new manager and has recommended the 40-year-old as the ideal person to take the reins at Stamford Bridge.

Bilic is no stranger to the English culture having enjoyed spells with West Ham United and Everton in the Premier League as a player.

One potential snag could be that his current contract with the Vatreni runs until 2010, although it is thought that should they lose to Ukraine in the World Cup qualifier in June, Bilic may be open to a move to west London.

It is claimed that Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has already made contact with the Split-born tactician about the possibility of taking over in the summer.

Milan head coach Carlo Ancelotti is still thought to be Blues owner Roman Abramovich's first-choice, however, the Italian has recently stated that he has no desire to leave the San Siro before his contract expires in 2010.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the feeling that no matter who we appoint as next manager a lot of people will not be happy with the choice.

We need someone who can build something with us long term. No matter who it is we need to let them have time to build their own squad and impliment their own plans.

Bilic wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

Story is in The Sun so take it with a pinch, or sack, of salt....

Bilic is good -but Croatia play well because they are fierce nationalists, which can make Bilic seem better than he is. My first choice would be for big Gus to stay ,solely because the squad respect him and want to play for him, hes intelligent, and can motivate. But that doesnt seem a reality.

To me its imeprative the club appoints an ex player (or Mourinho) who can gel and motivate, but also retain enough distance where he is respected because of who he is.

Worst scenario is we get another string of 'big' names on four year contracts who stay for a few months each because they dont do the business, and walk away with 10 million quid. Ancellotti would fall into that bracket......

Story is in The Sun so take it with a pinch, or sack, of salt....

Bilic is good -but Croatia play well because they are fierce nationalists, which can make Bilic seem better than he is. My first choice would be for big Gus to stay ,solely because the squad respect him and want to play for him, hes intelligent, and can motivate. But that doesnt seem a reality.

To me its imeprative the club appoints an ex player (or Mourinho) who can gel and motivate, but also retain enough distance where he is respected because of who he is.

Worst scenario is we get another string of 'big' names on four year contracts who stay for a few months each because they dont do the business, and walk away with 10 million quid. Ancellotti would fall into that bracket......

Keeping Guus would be ideal, but there doesn't look like any possible way that is going to happen. Same can be said of getting Jose back, that would be the biggest shock of all.

Do you mean an ex Chelsea player? If that is the case then to me the only possible option is Zola, who i feel it is still a little early for.

Ancellotti for me is not the right man for the job. It is extremely hard to pick someone out who you would think would be ideal. I think at the moment i would have to pick Rijkaard, with Guus coming back as DOF....

Do you mean an ex Chelsea player? If that is the case then to me the only possible option is Zola, who i feel it is still a little early for.

Ancellotti for me is not the right man for the job. It is extremely hard to pick someone out who you would think would be ideal. I think at the moment i would have to pick Rijkaard, with Guus coming back as DOF....

Not neccesarily a Chelsea player -cant think of any of a suitable calibre tbh. Rijkaard could fit the bill -and his networking over the years would mean a suitable list of contacts, not just Dutch players, that would be attracted to the club

Of all the names lined up this scenario would be my favourite :

Rijkard gets a 2 year contract, after the World Cup Hiddink comes back and stays for 3-4 years, and after that Zola takes over (´cause he won the Premier League with West Ham and defeated Manunited 5:0 at Old Trafford)

Again we are looking at a national coach who has no experience in club management at a top level. Every possibility of players being unfit by december and same Scolari like issue raising up.

Id say, lets go for Rijkaard if Hiddink refuses to stay

Guus is gonna be busy till November.. what do we have until then, league, carling cup and Champions league group stages..

I'm sure even if we were to give Guus a week off before all the international breaks.. Ray Wilkins could take care of the team..

God willing if we do score the cup double the next manager will be in for a lot of expectations.. which lead to undue pressure.. New squad members new team, new ideas but the manager can't really afford to seem like we are going to have a season where we finish fourth and trophyless.. else he goes scolari way.. which is bad.. financially as well as with regards to clubs stability...

Of all the names lined up this scenario would be my favourite :

Rijkard gets a 2 year contract, after the World Cup Hiddink comes back and stays for 3-4 years, and after that Zola takes over

yeah.... i like this scenario....

but.....

i really want hiddink stay with Chelsea....

That scenario means there is no stabiltiy at the club for the next 7-8 yrs.

I agree, we need a manager that we can keep for many years and build around. would love Hiddink to stay but im not sure he will ever be a long term solution. That asks the question if Slaven Bilic is the right man for the job, id have to say no, doesnt quite have the pedigree or experience to coach Chelsea

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You