Chelsea's Ivanovic: I can do Messi job

Branislav Ivanovic says he's ready to play at left-back for Chelsea against Barcelona's Lionel Messi next week.

Ivanovic could be handed the job in the Champions League semi with Ashley Cole suspended and told chelseafc.com: "I played there one time at Lokomotiv Moscow, but just one time.

"I know the situation, and I don't know if the coach will decide this, but I am here."

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosinwga?

Wtf...He is a genuine RB.

Id play someone who has been playing recently rather than throwing someone who has been on bench for a month, to face Messi. In this case Ivanovic. Plus at setpieces Ivanovic can be a threat.

No Belleti please. He couldnt defend well against a Mid Table team in the premier league..Messi will rip him apart.

Ivanovic is the only choice in reality. I can't think of another player i would play there. Messi is a quality player, but we need to stop thinking of him as some sort of god! He will not enjoy the run of the park against us. And we will give them something to worry about aswell.

For me the back 4 against Barca should be Bosingwa, Carvalho, Terry, Ivanovic.