Drogba Sights CL

Steve

Didier Drogba has his sights firmly on UEFA Champions League glory this season.

The Ivorian striker was sent-off in last season's final, which Chelsea lost to rivals Manchester United on penalties.

Chelsea face Juventus this week in the first leg of their last-16 clash, but Drogba is already thinking about another final appearance.

"My desire is greater than ever to win it. We lost two semi-finals and a final," he told The Sun.

"It has been a difficult competition for us. Moscow is very difficult to forget, I still think about it.

"The saddest part for me is the fans. They deserve to win the Champions League and this year we have to play the same way to get to the final but this time bring the trophy back to the Bridge.

"I would love to travel back in time and not be sent off in Moscow. If I was on the pitch I would have taken a penalty.

"I love taking penalties but sometimes you have to accept this is life."

Sky Sports

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep totally agree his work rate was great, he might not have made that much but he never gave up, he chased every ball down and he even went back to defend. If he does continue to do so im sure we will see him back on the score board soon.

I really liked the way he played in our last match...and when Guus came I said that he will bring back old Drogba who will score many goals in 1-0 wins(Guus is always playing like that)....=))..

Come on Drogs...one goal against Juve will be enaugh!!