Scolari bites back

Metro

Sacked Scolari hits back at 'boring' Chelsea

Sacked Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has claimed the squad he was given at Stamford Bridge was 'not Brazilian enough' and lacked the flair needed to challenge for honours.

The former Brazil and Portugal manager was axed on Monday after a run of poor form left his team seven points off the pace of Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Scolari's Chelsea atruggled at home particularly, with the former boss laying the blame at the club's failure to buy a game-breaking player sich as Robinho. The former Real Madrid forward had looked set to move to Stamford Bridge last summer but the Blues were out-bid by Manchester City.

'The team isn't Brazilian enough,' said Scolari. 'It is a "bureaucratic" team. That's the style of the players. That's why Robinho would have done a lot of good for the team.'

Scolari also lamented the failure to replace Arjen Robben, who left for Real in 2007.

'At Chelsea we didn't have the player who can make the difference by himself by producing something magical on the pitch,' he told France Football magazine.

'In the past, Arjen Robben was at Chelsea and he could make the difference. But now there is no-one.

'Robinho could have been this player. He is not afraid to dribble, to take a risk. As a Brazilian, I like this.'

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its abit of both! from what i have seen the past few months

A.Cole

J.Terry

F Lampard

Alex

(di stano and stoch when they pld)

They are the only players who looked like they wanted to play. no other player wants to and thats down the players but the manager should get them going before and at half time in a game! LFS didnt look like he was doing that.

So you cant blame LFS its down to the players get rid of some old gits who dont care about who the play for and get some young blood in!

Am not a fan of LFS but you cant put the total blame on him for how Chelsea are playing look at the first few games of the season, lovely football and nice goals and we won games and the team was on a high! as soon as other teams new how we pld that was it because we only had 1 plan and if that plan isnt working and the players dont care you are basically fucked!

Edited by zinctek

exactly the players are good enough the manager wasnt

I find it digusting how the overpaid wankers can play for fucking Avram Grant but not for Scolari. I have no love towards any of the current crop at the minute. I would say there are about half a dozen players who look like they care.

well lets be honest here - he was mainly a national coach

adn that normally means that you "train" players for a week before a game and usually they have already been put through a rigorous training session with their clubs first

so maybe he just didn't know how to train them like their clubs did

and i'm happy with the brazilians i have in my squad - i dont want all of them to be

well lets be honest here - he was mainly a national coach

adn that normally means that you "train" players for a week before a game and usually they have already been put through a rigorous training session with their clubs first

so maybe he just didn't know how to train them like their clubs did

and i'm happy with the brazilians i have in my squad - i dont want all of them to be

According to the Chels website Huge Phil used to take them swimming on Mondays after a match.

LMFAO!! Deco was allowed to bring his blow up dinosaur, and Malouda his water wings. Then they were allowed to go to a zoo petting park and have an ice cream. Probably.