Division on the Players

RX8

JT was the first to send the clear msj that the player were divide on Scolari Case. This is kind of worry about it... and I´m affraid this will start a internal battle between the players...

Remember that Scolari side is bigger if you count all the portugues player inside...

Now Cech is denied everything...

But I thing Drogba is the happy one .... but for what he might go on the Summer...

________________________________________________________________________________

JOHN TERRY is an angry man. The England skipper was trying to focus on tonight's international against Spain but his head was back at Chelsea. As he sat brooding in Seville, Terry pointed towards splits in the Blues camp — those who were for the sacked Phil Scolari and those against.

He wanted it known, on the record, that he was most definitely one of the men who backed the Brazilian World Cup winner.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, Scolari has fingered Petr Cech, Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack as the key players behind his demise.

It is believed they met with owner Roman Abramovich at the training ground last week to sow the seeds of Scolari's downfall.

Terry initially appeared reluctant to get embroiled in a debate about Chelsea's troubles with an important game against the world's No1 side and Euro 2008 champions approaching but he could not help himself.

Chelsea is his club and he cares deeply about the way it has been falling apart.

But he blames the players rather than the manager for the problems.

Terry said: "I'm just very shocked by what's happened.

"I have sympathy for Scolari. He had my support, that's for sure. Two or three other players will say exactly the same thing, I'm sure.

"He's a great man. Unfortunately we weren't playing well and it falls on his head. Maybe they should look at some of us. We did under-achieve.

"But the overall picture needs to be looked at. The powers at the club need to look at that."

Earlier in the season Terry and Frank Lampard went to see Scolari to ask for training to be pepped up and given a Premier League intensity.

It was felt training was too laid back and Terry saw nothing wrong in raising the subject.

He viewed it as a captain and senior player working with the manager to improve things rather than any challenge to Scolari's authority.

Terry did not absolve himself from blame regarding his own performances which he admitted were not always of the required standard.

And he said: "We've not been performing well individually and collectively as a squad.

"One or two of us feel we could have done better. We started off very well, but things dipped in form and results. At the end of the day, it's about results. That's unfortunate for Mr Scolari.

"At the start of the season I was playing well, for the first five or 10 games. Since then I could have been better.

Advertisement

"I'm my own worst critic and I know I need to improve — my fitness, my game. That coincided with Chelsea's poor run of form.

"I could have done better, and I hold my hands up. With what's going on, to be away with England and concentrate on my own game is the main thing. It's a relief given what's happening back home.

"To come here with England when things are going well, that's good to see. I want this winning mentality at Chelsea. We need that very quickly."

Russia boss Guus Hiddink is set to come in as Scolari's replacement and Terry has bitter memories of a meeting with the Dutchman.

The Czech international keeper was one of the players blamed by Scolari for his shock sacking. But Cech has told pals he had nothing to do with owner Roman Abramovich's decision to dump the Brazilian boss after just seven months in charge.

A friend of the Blues No1 said: "Petr did have problems with Scolari but they were only because the manager was messing around with his training programme."

Cech is now out to re-establish himself as the world's top keeper after Scolari unsettled him by attempting to replace goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon with Brazilian Carlos Pracidelli.

Lollichon worked with Cech at his previous club Rennes but Scolari even banned his star keeper from watching videos of forthcoming opponents prepared for him by Lollichon.

Cech complained to Scolari about the changes but to no avail.

Cech's friend added: "Petr prides himself on his professionalism and hates being ill prepared.

"To not be able to watch videos or prepare as he was accustomed to clearly affected his performances this season."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a lot of things comming out about Scolari's training methods, mainly to do with fitness of the players. Scolair is a very decent bloke but it seems that the training and preparation, not to mention him never trying anything new formation-wise has meant that he has had to go.

There have been a lot of things comming out about Scolari's training methods, mainly to do with fitness of the players. Scolair is a very decent bloke but it seems that the training and preparation, not to mention him never trying anything new formation-wise has meant that he has had to go.

Agree. Terry didnt mask the revolt by saying he supported Scolari ''along with two or three other players''.

Older players who now manage, or have written their autobiographies, always seem to regret the dressing room revolutions against their managers, saying they were counter productive.

Scolari may have been able to develop the team, but time is of the essence, and he seemed too laid back for any respect or belief to be formed by the squad.

I think that Scolari tried to make a brasilian team out of Chelsea.

Less fitness, more skills with the ball. He built on Joe Cole, wanted Robinho and brought Quaresma in, playing the fullbacks in a attacking way. Especially the last thing is not very common in the PL.

It gave us some "special moments" but we were all compromised later.

Well said DV. That, and no 'inside ' Chelsea man with Clarke gone.

I like Ray Wilkins, hes Chelsea but hes more of a Chelsea TV, media man.

I watched him play countless times, and he was the Lampard of his day -but even his style was laid back as well.

I also think Scolari. was too soft on the players, Not once did I ever see an interview without him praising the whole squad, even when were playing shite.

We need a manager who is assertive and fair, and not to mention being honest on the teams status.

The longer i think about it, it could have been a perfect match Steve Clarke joining Scolari.

Steve would have kept the defence rocksolid (Ricardo, John and Big Pete) on which Scolari could have built the more open, freefloating footballtype.

Especially with two exceptional players like Essien and Mikel as defensive midfielders.

I also think Scolari. was too soft on the players, Not once did I ever see an interview without him praising the whole squad, even when were playing shite.

We need a manager who is assertive and fair, and not to mention being honest on the teams status.

This is absolutly correct... Scolari was to Soft with the squad... and I thing this is one of the worse thing can happend in that dressing room....

Now this is Ballacks point of view he blame the player... and so as I do

Michael_Ballack_730719a.jpg BLAME GAME ... Michael Ballack

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> MICHAEL BALLACK insists Chelsea's players are to blame for Phil Scolari's sacking. </h2> The Blues boss was axed on Monday after just six months in charge at Stamford Bridge.

But Germany midfielder Ballack believes he and his team-mates could have saved Scolari.

He said: "It is a shame because he had not been with us for a long time.

"Of course there was some criticism and we did not get the results we all would have wanted.

"But that is not the manager's fault but the team's.

"Something like this is always uncomfortable."

Guus Hiddink is the favourite to replace Scolari and Ballack thinks Chelsea can still challenge for honours this season.

He added: "I want to win the Champions League and play at the highest level and I can do that with Chelsea.

"Last year we were level with Manchester United on points right to the end and we lost the Champions League final unluckily on penalties.

"This club has high ambitions and that is what I came here for."

Edited by RX8

Good to see Players feeling guilty. Heard it from JT, Drogba, Mikel, Kalou, Ballack. Its obvious that they feel they are responsible for the current performances. Hope we have reached the bottom and from now the players pull their weight back on the field and get us the Champions League and FA Cup. Although I am confident of the second place, Title for me would be a Lottery.

Belleti´s comments is what worrys me most...

MICHAEL BALLACK has insisted Phil Scolari WAS the weakest link and is to blame for his own Chelsea downfall.

The German midfielder was among a trio of players who Scolari believes betrayed him and helped get him the boot this week.

But Ballack, 32, last night claimed the Brazilian’s coaching methods were not good enough to bring success to Stamford Bridge.

He said: “Every coach has his own training methods and Scolari has been very successful with his way of doing things in the past.

“He has proved he is a great coach but most recently there has been a lack of success at Chelsea.

“When that happens the blame comes down on to the weakest link in the chain - the manager. Ourselves, the players, are also responsible for the fact things have not gone so well.”

Ballack, along with Didier Drogba and Petr Cech, were the three stars who Big Phil believes knifed him.

But the Germany captain insisted his relationship with Scolari was good and he was surprised by his departure.

He added: “I was surprised about Scolari being sacked. I had not expected it and I had a good relationship with him.

“Something like this is always unpleasant. It is a shame as he was not with us for long.

“We were level on points with Manchester United right up until the end of last season and we were unlucky to lose the Champions League final on penalties.

“Jose Mourinho was decisive in my moving to Chelsea. But we have still been a top European club since his departure.

“The club has high demands and that is something I hoped to find when I joined them.”

Chelsea yesterday confirmed Russia boss Guus Hiddink will be in charge until the end of the season.

The Dutchman is due to arrive in London tomorrow and will meet the players at their Cobham training HQ.

He will not oversee Saturday’s FA Cup clash at Watford but will be in charge for the Premier League crunch with Aston Villa next week. Juliano Belletti has revealed the Blues’ Brazilian stars have been left stunned by Scolari’s axe after just seven months in charge.

Belletti says the likes of Alex, Mineiro and Deco cannot understand why the World Cup winner was shown the door so quickly.

He says Deco, who was born in Brazil but played for Scolari for Portugal, is particularly disappointed.

Former Barcelona ace Belletti said: “I am really sad with this situation. It’s not only sad for me, but for the other Brazilian players.

“Deco had the opportunity to work with Scolari in the Portuguese national team and is really disappointed.

“It will be tough for us to overcome this situation. We have talked a lot and we are really disappointed with the club officials.

“This is not a good situation for a club who wants to be among the greatest in England.”