Carlo Cudicini

The agent of Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has played down speculation linking the Italian with a move to Juventus.

Federico Pastorello stated that Chelsea will have the final say on any transfer, with the Italian determined not to sour an eight-year association with the West London club.

Aston Villa are one of the clubs reportedly trying to turn Cudicini’s head, while reports on Wednesday suggested Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri wants to work with the player again.

Cudicini acts as back-up goalkeeper at Stamford Bridge and though Petr Cech has had more than his fair share of injury problems, the 34-year-old has still only played in 10 Premier League matches this season.

“I cannot say much until the end of the season, given that Chelsea are still busy on two fronts,” said Pastorello.

“The fact is, his contract expires in 2009.

“We give the priority to Chelsea because London has become a second home to him after 10 years at The Blues."

Pastorello revealed that Cudicini could have left the club before now, but Chelsea thwarted an offer from Manchester City last summer.

“Aston Villa? We will see at the end of the season, but Cudicini has already had a great offer in England,” added Pastorello.

“Last summer Eriksson wanted him at Manchester City, but Chelsea wanted to keep him.”

setantasports---------------------

poor Carlo, I'm sure he wants to play week in week out but I really don't want to see him go!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a shame, but we cant fault the bloke for wanting to play more games. It must of been hard for him to watch his team mates celebrating winning the league and he got fuck all. Jose could of slung one of his medals at him ffs.

If he does go I would rather he go to an overseas club than stay in the PL.

Will Chelsea give him a testimonial before after he leaves?

Top bloke and a top goalkeeper. I wouldn’t want to see him go but fully understand why he’d want to… I think Juventus is a bit of an odd choice though, as they have arguably the second best goalkeeper in the world after Cech ;)… So he wouldn’t get many games there.

Man City, well that sounds about right. They have 2 inexperienced young goalkeepers, and 1 average goalkeeper who will definitely be sold soon. I wouldn’t want to see him go to another English club, and I can see him wanting to retire in Italy anyway so I doubt that’ll happen.

Dont understand why he'd leave our bench to go and sit on the bench behind Buffon.

If he was going to go, he would have gone 2-3 years ago whilst he still had significant time to play for 3-4 years. Dont see him leaving to be honest.

I watched the interview that Chelsea TV did with him after he got his 200th appearance and his love for the club was still evident, and I think he made it clear he'd like to stay here.

Oh, and by the way, he returned to proper training yesterday.

^^ Thats just the what I was going to say

I don't think he would leave Chelsea, a club I believe he loves, and go sit on the bench at Juve, maybe he wants to end his career in Italy? Im not sure, but i can't see him leaving for a club where he wouldn't be number 1!

Anyway Cech has given him a fair run out in the first team this season :P

• 1 month later...

Newly promoted Bologna are looking to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini according to reports in Italy.

he shot-stopper has been with the Stamford Bridge club since 1999 when he moved there from Milan for a bargain £166,000.

However, he has not been playing regularly since Petr Czech’s arrival three years ago and he now seems set for a return move to Italy.

Bologna, who have just won promotion back to Italy’s big-time are looking for an experienced stopper in light of their Serie A commitments next season and Cudicini fit’s the bill.

Gazzetta Dello Sport claim that current Rossoblu ‘Keeper Francesco Antonioli is set for a move to Juventus and this would leave the door wide open for Cudicini’s arrival from West London.

Claudio Ranieri is looking for a stopper who can be Gian Luigi Buffon’s number two as Emanuele Bellardi is not considered experienced enough to play in the Champions League next season.

The Chelsea shot-stopper is likely to be keen on the idea of first team football and he would be guaranteed this with the Emiliani.

• 5 months later...

Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini is being linked with Tottenham.

With Spurs boss Harry Redknapp in the market for a new keeper after losing confidence in Heurelho Gomes, Italian sources say Cudicini is under consideration for the January market.

Cudicini remains second-choice at Stamford Bridge behind Petr Cech.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You