Get the Talk Chelsea app!

You can now install Talk Chelsea Forums as an app on your phone and tablet! 😀

It's not in the app store; it's called a Progressive Web App, or PWA for short. The advantages are you can get notifications on your phone (don't worry, they're configurable, I'll show you further down) when someone replies to your post or sends you a message.

1. Make sure you're on the latest iOS version. On iPhone, open forum.talkchelsea.net in Safari and click the share icon at the bottom of the Safari window. Then scroll down to Add to Homescreen.

1-min.jpg

2-min.jpg 

2. Now that you have the app installed, (You will need to login again) you need to set up the notifications. 

From inside the new app, after you've logged in, click the menu hamburger icon in the upper top right, click the notification bell, then click notification settings or click this link.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the section "Notification Types Available" and then click "enable in this browser". (It should go green like below)

noti.jpg

3. Once enabled, scroll up and make sure everything is set to "Notification + Push Option" or set to your liking.  You should be all set up for Notifications.

I believe this is available on Android as well by pressing "Install app",  although i don't have a phone to test.

If anyone can get this working let me know.

Up the Chels 💪🏼🔵

• 10 months later...