Scolari out - Mancini in ?

Goal.com

Chelsea To Sack Scolari, Appoint Roberto Mancini?

Luiz Felipe Scolari arrived in West London this summer with a big reputation, and quickly won the hearts and minds of many Chelsea players and supporters.

However, he has recently lost many of these admirers as the Blues have been struggling over the past couple of months.

They limped through to the last 16 of the Champions League, while the record in their last five Premier League games is just two wins, two draws and a defeat.

According to the English press, Scolari has lost some sections of the dressing room, with a number of players believing that he doesn’t possess what it takes to succeed at the club.

Roberto Mancini has been linked with Chelsea on a number of occasions over the past year or so, and he has been sighted in London several times recently along with his close friend and agent Giorgio De Giorgis.

Mancini is still under contract at Inter until 2012, having been dismissed at the end of last season, and there are still some compensation issues to sort out, which Nerazzurri president Massimo Moratti has declared he hopes to sew up very soon.

Nevertheless, there is strong speculation that Scolari will be sacked at the beginning of next month, and Roman Abramovich will offer Mancini the opportunity to replace him.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't read to much into it, these rumours only come up when a team is going through a bad spell. Anyways im sure Scolari will be able to turn it around his a top class manager and one of the most experienced around. Keep the faith, we haven't been playing as well as we could have and we are still 2nd in the league....long way to go yet....

:blue scalf:

Ramos out of Spurs, Keanes left Sunderland, Ince booted out of Blackburn. No-one else to talk about really is there.

May aswell start on Chelsea ;)

media can talk about Mark Hughes he is doing a shit job at man city

Edited by the wes

If it was still Grant, would we be saying that we should give him a chance? :lol: As much as I'm concerned by recent form, this story is nothing but bullshit to me - the team is going through a rough patch at the moment, and as ever, the manager gets the flak for the bad run.

I'd turn to the Angry Video Game Nerd...on condition he publishes all his half-time team talks :P

AVGN speaking to Ashley Cole:

"Stop putting your money where your fucking mouth is, and kick some god-damn balls, or I'm going to shove a soccer boot up your fucking asshole!!"

AVGN speaking to Didier Drogba when he's falling over and playing badly:

"God Damn it!! You can't stop attracting yourself to the fucking ground. Stop trying to hump the floor and actually start scoring goals."

AVGN speaking generally to the team after a bad first half performance:

"Oh my god that first half was the most god awful display I've ever fucking seen! I'd rather let a cow vomit up my asshole and shit in my mouth and then let it suffocate me by sitting on my chest and break my ribs, than watch that performance!! Get a fucking grip out there!!! Get into the opponent's faces. *hands all the players a beer each* here, some rolling rock for you all. Hopefully that should clip jetpacks to you asses and then actually start playing rather than piss and shit all over the pitch!! Now get out there and win a fucking game!!! GOD DAMN IT!!! *throws drinking water bottle on the floor*

----------------------

Generally, I think James Rolfe would be a fantastic manager! :whistling:

I'd turn to the Angry Video Game Nerd...on condition he publishes all his half-time team talks :P

TBF.....any criticism being thrown his direction is justified. He continues to play his blue eye Deco even though he been pish for sometime now. His tactics arent working and if you look at the team its basically the same as last season. The whole team doesnt become shit overnight.

Last season I felt the players were playing off their own bat rather that listen to the grinch and look where it got us. The grinch never had the players backing imo. This season they have a manager that has been around the block and is supposed to know his stuff. So with that in mind they listen to him and play the way he sets the team out. Change of manager, change of style, change of attitude, etc.....