Chelsea 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb

ZAPHOD2319

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Very strange to see we are in November and Broja has made one start all season

His chances were always going to be limited.  Potter's going to go with Auba & Havertz over him on most occasions, he's only going to start if they need a breather or they are unavailable to play...

8 hours ago, Stats said:

Positives: Mount looked really good.

I agree, I think that deeper role with the licence to push forward suits him better and allows him to be a connector between midfield and attack, as opposed to a creator in attack which I don't think gets the most from his game.

I know we're currently threadbare at the back, but I do think longer term a back 4 system will suit us better as an attacking unit. Having played a back 3 for the last couple of years, we shouldn't lose the ability to play that system at times which is an added string to the bow, but I feel we look more balanced playing in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 system.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Very strange to see we are in November and Broja has made one start all season

Personally, would have started him last night, but he is at least getting minutes in most games so it's hardly like he's being left to rot in the reserves. He's definitely got some impressive attributes about him but he's also still extremely raw (had to learn to get his head up quicker and be more aware of his surroundings foremostly) so I can understand why he might be a slow burner to blood through. He just has to keep learning, developing and take his chances when they come his way. The potential is definitely there.

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Get a grip. They might have upset the odds by drawing PSG twice but they still are just a Liga Dross side that will falter when the stakes are higher. We have beaten better Benfica sides in 2012 and 2013 with equally mediocre Chelsea squads. But let's just put a pin in this. In the unlikely case we draw them in the quarter finals you are welcome to put a tenner on them, I will give you even odds 😉

we got rolled by a mediocre brighton side and barely beat dinamo, and we should not take benfica seriously? 

29 minutes ago, whats happening said:

we got rolled by a mediocre brighton side and barely beat dinamo, and we should not take benfica seriously? 

We are not facing them next week, though, are we?

When the competition resumes, we will be a different unit. We should be, at the very least.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

That was not my point. Your point was Benfica would wreck us easily which I disputed.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Sorry, but tbh, every team that we will draw could easily beat us if we play like shit. 

Sure but that applies to every team. Bayern lost to Augsburg and then spanked Milan and Barca. Liverpool lost to Leeds and then defeated the so far invincible Napoli. Different games, different performances. Big clubs tend to raise their game to the occasion. Writing us off now for games vs 2nd tier teams to be played in a few months is just stupid.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sure but that applies to every team. Bayern lost to Augsburg and then spanked Milan and Barca. Liverpool lost to Leeds and then defeated the so far invincible Napoli. Different games, different performances. Big clubs tend to raise their game to the occasion. Writing us off now for games vs 2nd tier teams to be played in a few months is just stupid.

Yep, it so cringe when people say "we'll never beat team A because we didn't beat team X".

We won the UCL less than two months after Big Sam rolled up to The Bridge and hit us for 5 for god sake.

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That was not my point. Your point was Benfica would wreck us easily which I disputed.

Sure, and we will be favorite, but u cant underestimate any team in the round of last 16. All these teams can be a threat to any team and if u dont perform, u lose. your Bayern example shows this perfectly.