Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

To be honest, not sure what's the big fuss about having Ivanovic on a rolling contract anyway. If he plays well, then he will get a contract extension. If not, then the club would probably take a different route. It will ensure the player stays switched on and continues to improve rather than stagnate and fade into oblivion. It might be harsh for someone who has done well for the club but that's life in football isn't it? (funnily enough, that's a phrase some fans like to use when the situation suits them but don't when it's doesn't)

Rolling contract? Branislav's contract is indefinite and he can end it at any moment?

He is terrible and I've been a proponet of this for a while now. He simply isn't the defensive stalwart he was several years back. For someone that fancies himself an offensive fullback his offensive contribution and abilites are extrememly lacklustre. Aside from set pieces, I think this guy is a liability.

He is terrible and I've been a proponet of this for a while now. He simply isn't the defensive stalwart he was several years back. For someone that fancies himself an offensive fullback his offensive contribution and abilites are extrememly lacklustre. Aside from set pieces, I think this guy is a liability.

Mourinho's guaranteed selection of him has become a complete farce.

Paris Saint-Germain plotting £15m summer swoop for Branislav Ivanovic

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/563849/PSG-Summer-Transfer-Target-Chelsea-Defender-Branislav-Ivanovic

If PSG actually come in with another ridiculous offer, he should be sold on the spot. At 31 years of age, he won't be getting any better and, considering he can't really defend anyway, José should just buy a natural attacking full-back like Ricardo Rodriguez.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/563849/PSG-Summer-Transfer-Target-Chelsea-Defender-Branislav-Ivanovic

If PSG actually come in with another ridiculous offer, he should be sold on the spot. At 31 years of age, he won't be getting any better and, considering he can't really defend anyway, José should just buy a natural attacking full-back like Ricardo Rodriguez.

Last time I checked Ivanovic had been playing a solid season for us, plus his game doesn't really rely on pace and mobility. I hope I don't need to stress that if you sold Ivanovic this team would be left with just one leader (Terry) as Cech himself seems likely to leave and Drogs will probably retire.

Last time I checked Ivanovic had been playing a solid season for us, plus his game doesn't really rely on pace and mobility. I hope I don't need to stress that if you sold Ivanovic this team would be left with just one leader (Terry) as Cech himself seems likely to leave and Drogs will probably retire.

Courtois controls his team really well, as demonstrated at Atletico.

Fabregas if Iva leaves will be our next captain, he has the characteristics of a leader. Maybe Matic in the future.

Because the defence has been solid...

Chelsea have lost the lead 10 times this season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2993005/Chelsea-lost-leads-10-times-season-Jose-Mourinho-needs-fix-face-renewed-battle-title.html

This is nothing new for me, I have always said that Ivanovic is a liability at RB; he doesn't even know how to close down a cross. Yes, he scores goals because he is allowed to roam, but it comes at a cost.

As for him being a leader? Give me a break. A leader needs good communication and his is practically non-existent. Remember the absolute confusion whenever he was paired with Cahill or Luiz in the center of defence? Remember him and Cech going at it? I think you are confusing being a leader with having a good work ethic. Besides, a team with strong personalities like this creates new leaders naturally, e.g. Fabregas, Costa. You can't rely on old personalities forever...

He's a 31 year old full-back for Christ sake, there's no real reason to refuse a big offer that could be used to buy a much younger replacement.

If you're blaming solely Ivanovic for losing the lead in those games then I don't know what to say really. That's like the "Look how often we lost when Mikel is playing" argument all over again.

I don't see how Ivanovic is at blame for being allowed to roam forward. We had that discussion in this very thread a few days ago. If Mou didn't advice Ivanovic to roam forward while Willian covers for him he wouldn't be doing it. He absolutely has the green light to be our main attacking threat on the right side and considering the success of this tactic I don't feel like it needs a complete overhowl.

Oh yeah, I definitely remember the time when Ivanovic played alongside Luiz under Benitez for weeks and if my memory serves me well the two of them were absolutely bossing it. Interestingly enough that was also the time when Luiz, who most think needs to be bailed out by his partners, played his most consistent and best football for us... I also remember Ivanovic being paired with Kalas vs Liverpool and again absolutely bossing it. Ivanovic and Cahill have never played for an extended time together so there's no point arguing this as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get that when people say that our "whole" team is responsible for this or that and whole team played poorly. It gets an incredible bad luck to have everyone on the same bad page at the same time to start with. For real, in football ONE THING can cause a massive chain reaction. Look at Madrid, they got 22 winning streak, Modric got an injury and they look shambles and hopeless. But of course "whole team plays poorly" but I am sure that when Luka gets to his full flow again they will be flying.

And for Chelsea you can't say that the whole team can't defend the lead. So we have 11 men who can't do this ? No, it has his roots somewhere. I think Magic Lamps put this great in one of his posts a few days. Everything starts with defence. And for me Ivanovic and Cahill are two players who are responsible for our flaws, for our retreats, for this conservative approach in so many matches. Their attitude, style and traits cause a massive chain reaction in our team and hold us back. They have to be replaced soon.

What? Why would we buy Rodriguez when we have someone better than him sitting on the bench? :lol:

kellzfresh, on 15 Mar 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

If ivanovic knew how to block a cross, he'll be world class. He's as bad as bosingwa in this aspect, luckily he is a threat in attack

His favorite move in a match - puts his hands behind his back and stands 5-10 yards away from the crosser. :doh:

His favorite move in a match - puts his hands behind his back and stands 5-10 yards away from the crosser. :doh:

Well this is what Mourinho calls "complex biomechanical training" or smth like that.