Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Ivan is stupid because of the reputation he's getting as a diver will cost us later.

When he gets foul for real say in the quarter finals of the CL and we don't get the call because he's a habitual diver, then it will be his fault for his image.

Stupid Ivan.

Ivan is stupid because of the reputation he's getting as a diver will cost us later.

When he gets foul for real say in the quarter finals of the CL and we don't get the call because he's a habitual diver, then it will be his fault for his image.

Stupid Ivan.

Doesn't help the club's image either, especially given how topical it is. I've mostly heard it described as 'Chelsea diving again' rather than 'Ivanovic diving'.

Next time we don't get a pen, we really have no right whatsoever to complain about the ref.

Costa is too much of a loose cannon to be Batman. I liken him to Bane (The version where he's a loony w venom in his bloodstream)

ha

:lol: Wait, I thought Iva was Bane?!

You read way to many comics... :P

Alan Shearer hit the nail on the head for me, something along the lines of 'would he go down like that if he were defending in his own box? no absolutely not' and I totally agree, Carroll's arm was out but he was already going down before he even got there. Its not a dive as in fooling the ref as there was contact but its just the way he decided to launch himself to the ground just before it because he knew it was coming. He's an absolute animal and I really think he could have kept on his feet and got to the ball even if he did receive a bit of contact.

I don't think the hype around us diving was the reason we didn't get a pen. It was just typical referee incompetence. Aguero got booked for diving against Southampton too when it was a stonewall penalty. That said Ivanovic's performance was awful and Luis's link-up play was better but ultimately both were very disappointing.

He was a player that I used to appreciate a lot — that is, I used to. But now, I am tired of his diving addiction, just as I am tired of his thuggish antics. As if was not enough, I am tired of him thinking he is some kind of offensive voodoo and of him leaving spaces twice as big as le Jardin des Tuileries behind him ; no Ivan, you are not technically-wise good enough to be the Roberto Carlos of the right-side, nor you are fast enough to recover the boulevard ground you leave behind you while spending all your time in the opposition last-third. And finally, I am tired of him never trying to block the opponents' cross !!

To make a long story short : I am tired of him.

Don't forget the whole 'Imma cross my arms behind my back and half-heartedly lift one leg like a dog taking a leak' routine before doing fuck all about the cross.

Yeah, he is trying to look like that guy who is dedicated to his defending game, but it does not fool anyone. Though, it seems he has perfected his comedy so it goes unnoticed from the dugout, which unfortunately seems to work...