Lulinha

EskWeston

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports this morning saying that he has agreed a new contract with Corinthians. Now this doesn't at all mean that he is staying there till 2012 but what it does mean that if we want him in the summer we have to pay a hell of a lot more for him....

One of the problems with Brazilians, and South Americans is the legthy bureacracy often with the work permits etc. I'm sure Roman can grease a few palms.
There are ways around it, and the way that Lulinha has been hyped in Brazil i am sure we would get the permit due to "exceptional talent".... Aparently now though he will cost in the region of £25m...

There are ways around it, and the way that Lulinha has been hyped in Brazil i am sure we would get the permit due to "exceptional talent".... Aparently now though he will cost in the region of £25m...
There's absolutely no precedence for that kind of price, I'm sure. Brazilian clubs have always had to sell up their young talent pretty quickly, and they might keep Lulinha for a few years, but sooner rather than later he'll be off to Europe somewhere and if he is the player he is meant to be, we should be watching and waiting all the way.

There's absolutely no precedence for that kind of price, I'm sure. Brazilian clubs have always had to sell up their young talent pretty quickly, and they might keep Lulinha for a few years, but sooner rather than later he'll be off to Europe somewhere and if he is the player he is meant to be, we should be watching and waiting all the way.
Well Lulinha has taken a real gamble. Any Brazilian who wants to make it big in the game eventually moves to Europe, he has Gambled the fact he may have to wait years now because his price has gone up. Corinthians obviously wanted to make sure they got top dollar for him, they may be confident someone will pay the price but it is more likely to put people off.

Well Lulinha has taken a real gamble. Any Brazilian who wants to make it big in the game eventually moves to Europe, he has Gambled the fact he may have to wait years now because his price has gone up. Corinthians obviously wanted to make sure they got top dollar for him, they may be confident someone will pay the price but it is more likely to put people off.
Not really, I don't know how long the contract he's signed is, but it probably isn't much longer than 4 years, by which time he will only be 21. Still very young, yet with some excellent experience, the perfect time to move. In my opinion, he's not taken a gamble at all, he's made the right decision.

Not really, I don't know how long the contract he's signed is, but it probably isn't much longer than 4 years, by which time he will only be 21. Still very young, yet with some excellent experience, the perfect time to move. In my opinion, he's not taken a gamble at all, he's made the right decision.
The report on Sky said he will be 22 when his contract runs out... I don't know the stats but i am sure that there are not many top rated Brazilians (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Pato, Anderson ect...) who were still in Brazil at 22. The way i see it is that the club have no intention (and neither does the player) of keeping him on till the end of his contract, but what they do want to do is make sure that when he does go he goes for a good price. Young Brazilians are hot business at the moment and it isn't suprising that a club has finally decided to raise the price...

The report on Sky said he will be 22 when his contract runs out... I don't know the stats but i am sure that there are not many top rated Brazilians (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Pato, Anderson ect...) who were still in Brazil at 22. The way i see it is that the club have no intention (and neither does the player) of keeping him on till the end of his contract, but what they do want to do is make sure that when he does go he goes for a good price. Young Brazilians are hot business at the moment and it isn't suprising that a club has finally decided to raise the price...
Well that's fair enough as far as the club is concerned, and fair enough as Lulinha is concerned. He will move in a few years when he is more mature and ready to move, which will help him when he arrives in Europe, wherever he arrives, and Corinthians will get a nice amount of money for a by then proven player.

Chelsea target Lulinha has agreed a new contract at Corinthians. The 17-year-old has agreed a new four-and-half year deal worth a reported £24million, replacing his previous contract which was due to expire in 2009. "We have renewed the contract with him up to December 31, 2012," confirmed president Andres Sanchez. The player himself admitted he was more than happy to remain with Corinthians. "In 2012 I will be just 22-years-old, and that is not a high age really," he told Gazeta Esportiva. "I have always spoken about fulfilling my contract with Corinthians and I have the same thoughts now." Sanchez also revealed that any club wanting to sign Lulinha would have to pay the price of nearly £20million which could put off Chelsea who were believed to be considering bidding closer to £5million.

*cough*...ROONEY...*cough*
I agree, if a player is going to become world class then what differnece does it make if you pay that now or when he is 23 and the biggest thing around?However with Rooney he was already proven in the premiership and even then it was a bit of a gamble still. If the club think he is worth the gamble then i think they will pay the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea remain hot on the trail of Corinthians starlet Lulinha.

As they prepare to welcome Argentinian wonderkid Franco Di Santo from Chile's Audax Italiano, Chelsea chief Frank Arnesen is pushing forward with plans to land Brazilian whiz Lulinha.

The 17 year-old has only just agreed terms on a new contract with Corinthians, but he remains keen to move to Chelsea.

Tribalfootball/Express

Edited by TrueChelseaBlue

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You