Odsonne Edouard

BlueLyon

We are on the hunt for new striker and there is no topic for him, so it might be the time to add one. 

Apparently we already sent scouts to watch him and the answer was very positive, althrough Dembele remains the priority.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6557755-chelsea-consider-move-for-celtic-s-odsonne-edouard-but-moussa-dembele-remains-top-target

So with all the extra time we have thanks to corona, I went to watch celtic games to see whats the deal with Edouard and I have to say Im largely impressed. I have seen games from Dembele, Lautaro and Werner, all who have been linked with Chelsea, but its likely the last two wont come. As for Dembele, I do think Edouard is better. In fact, he looks more proper forward than Werner. Its different league difficulty though. 

That said I got to say Im seriously impressed with this guy. He can finish realy well, he can dribble and hold the ball, he is quick and strong, his movement and awarness is top notch. But what I like more than that is his technique. He can bang from distance or free kicks. The way he hits the ball is so natural. Thats always an extra with strikers. If they have that quality, we talk about Suarez or Drogba levels of potential. And Edouard posseses that potential. He isnt a poacher or pace merchant like Werner, but he can contribute to the whole gameplay.

Its celtic and scottish league, but if he can transform that to PL, we could be looking at next Drogba. 

Whoever will sign this dude is in for a realy realy top striker. Dont know how is he so underrated and have only watched him now. Given Werner and Lautaro are pipe dreams, I will be dissapointed if he isnt our third option. Looks more complete than Dembele when in Celtic.

If this doesnt remind you of a certain blue...:D

Great talent but one we would need to maybe give a season to get to grips with top end PL games.

Technically he is excellent, has good mobility, likes to link the play and having seen him grow over his time at Celtic. He is starting to become more and more confident and ruthless as well that evolution is clear to see, he is Celtic's big game man. He would very much need to grow into the PL which is why I have said he would maybe have a season of inconsistencies but I do rate him as a more complete player and someone with much more potential than Tammy Abraham for sure. Moussa Dembele is 12 or 18 months ahead of Edoaurd in his developement but natural goalscorers are natural goalscorers.

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Great talent but one we would need to maybe give a season to get to grips with top end PL games.

Technically he is excellent, has good mobility, likes to link the play and having seen him grow over his time at Celtic. He is starting to become more and more confident and ruthless as well that evolution is clear to see, he is Celtic's big game man. He would very much need to grow into the PL which is why I have said he would maybe have a season of inconsistencies but I do rate him as a more complete player and someone with much more potential than Tammy Abraham for sure. Moussa Dembele is 12 or 18 months ahead of Edoaurd in his developement but natural goalscorers are natural goalscorers.

I would go for someone who isnt just a goalscorer. 

Drogba, despite his nice scoring stats was never one of those clinical scorers like Nistelrooy, Henry or Rooney. But there was alot more to his overall game and he had character. Many allround strikers tend to rise the level in key games while serial scorers dissapear there alot. That said, there are exceptions.

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/04/2020 at 9:34 PM, BlueLyon said:

Many allround strikers tend to rise the level in key games while serial scorers dissapear there alot. That said, there are exceptions.

Firmino is a good example

On 4/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, BlueLyon said:

I would go for someone who isnt just a goalscorer. 

Drogba, despite his nice scoring stats was never one of those clinical scorers like Nistelrooy, Henry or Rooney. But there was alot more to his overall game and he had character. Many allround strikers tend to rise the level in key games while serial scorers dissapear there alot. That said, there are exceptions.

He is a clinical scorer. The seasons where he wasn't he either suffered prolonged injuries or was in and out of the side given the competition. (Crespo, Schevchenko, Kezman, Ediur, Torres, etc)

Also had to deal with the merry go round of managers 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

He is a clinical scorer. The seasons where he wasn't he either suffered prolonged injuries or was in and out of the side given the competition. (Crespo, Schevchenko, Kezman, Ediur, Torres, etc)

Also had to deal with the merry go round of managers 

No. Drogba was perhaps the best big game striker ever, but his scoring record in general wasnt that great at all. People just have wrong picture of him because he was that great in important games. In 8 seasons here, he only reached more than 20 goals in two seasons (20, 29). The rest were 10, 12, 8, 5, 11, 5. Being subbed or injured is all part of that prolificency. Aguero was injured and rotated too, but he managed to score above 20 goals in all but 1 season. 

That said Id pick Drogba any day, but him being a prolific is just not true. Id even argue that with those stats and if he wasnt that good in key games, he would be sold nowdays when people think strikers arent good enough if they dont score at least 20 goals per season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You