Royston Drenthe

love cfc

tribalfooball.com - November 27, 2007 spacer.gif Chelsea football chief Frank Arnesen is monitoring Royston Drenthe's deteriorating situation at Real Madrid. Arnesen and Chelsea's Dutch football advisor Piet de Visser were both keen on landing Drenthe in the summer from Feyenoord, but Real clinched his signing after the U21 European Championships. The wing-back's stay at Real has been dominated by controversy and El Mundo Deportivo says club directors are ready to cut their losses in January and offload the Holland U21 star.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge looks the most likely of he and Ashley to go, but he is playing fairly regularly and a lot more often than the likes of Shevchenko and Pizarro. I just think it would be a complete waste, because he is a talent, but he needs to play every week for his potential to be reached. I hope he one days becomes the next Roberto Carlos, but I cannot see that happening at Madrid or Chelsea.

As others have said he isn't worth having as he is not an improvement on anything we have. 9 million is a ridiculous amount to pay for a player to warm the bench, So I don't believe that. I mean not with 30 million already warming the bench anyway.

Chelsea are set to bid for Real Madrid's Dutch international winger Royston Drenthe in the January transfer window in a deal that could see the dissatisfied Florent Malouda move in the opposite direction.Drenthe, a quick, left-sided player who is often employed as a wing-back, only joined Madrid in the summer when he left Feyenoord for £11 million but has failed to make the expected impact at the club.ufndren105.jpgThe 20-year-old has seen his playing time restricted and a series of clashes with manager Bernd Schuster means his time at the Bernabeu is running out.Drenthe was left out of Madrid's Champions League squad to play Werder Bremen last week and the German was reportedly furious when pictures appeared in the press of Drenthe out in a nightclub that same evening. The pair had previously clashed over the youngster listening to music whilst sat on the bench during a league match.Chelsea's Dutch coach Henk Ten Cate is a known admirer of the player and has urged manager Avram Grant to pursue his signature.Real, who would be happy to offload the Dutch player, are likely to propose a swap deal that sees the unhappy Malouda head to the Bernabeu.Chelsea beat the Spanish club to the Frenchman's signature in the summer but recent comments which surfaced from an interview Malouda did with a French magazine suggest the player is dissatisfied with both the club and his new home.Railing against everything from training methods to the London transport system, Malouda cuts a downbeat figure and the deal would appear to suit all parties involved.Chelsea paid £16 million for Malouda and so may seek a cash plus player deal from the Spanish champions but that is unlikely to hold up the deal for long.Source: Telegraph

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You