Clarke Offered Wierd Deal ?

I read in the paper today about Steve Clarke being offered some sort of wierd deal. It said that he got a pay rise of 500k till the end of the season taking him to 800k, but at the end of the season it will drop back to 300k.Anyone shed any light on this ???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried on Saturday. I was watching the match on Setanta, and he just sat on the bench throughout. I hope he isn't going to leave.
Seen and heard quite a few comments about Steve Clarke not looking too happy, there are 2 points of views on that in my opinion:1. When has he ever looked happy??2. IF he isn't happy then there is no point keeping him around, he isn't THAT important to the set up that he couldn't be easily replaced in a second.

Quite true about the first thing :) But if these reports are correct, it would seem to me that there is a lot of interest for Clarke, and that the club are determined to keep a hold of him. However, it could also mean that he has threatened to walk, and the club want him to stay. I'm not sure, but expect an official announcement on Chelsea TV sometime soon.

Quite true about the first thing :) But if these reports are correct, it would seem to me that there is a lot of interest for Clarke, and that the club are determined to keep a hold of him. However, it could also mean that he has threatened to walk, and the club want him to stay. I'm not sure, but expect an official announcement on Chelsea TV sometime soon.
I think the view of the club is that he is important in the sense that he knows and understands the team having worked with them for a few years. But i would argue that it isn't that important. If he is not happy then it could upset things in training ect... which we don't need.Although i don't believe there is any problem...

Yes, IF he is not happy the club should let him leave. He would cats a negative influence over the team if he stayed against his wishes. He is very important to the club, I heard Brendan Rodgers say he often helps take training with the reserves and academy sides.

Yes, IF he is not happy the club should let him leave. He would cats a negative influence over the team if he stayed against his wishes. He is very important to the club, I heard Brendan Rodgers say he often helps take training with the reserves and academy sides.
If Clarke did leave i would give Brandan the job, f**king quality coach..

He is, we're very lucky to have him. He's young and has fresh ideas, to be frank with you, I'm surprised a number of Premier League clubs haven't tried to lure him away, but I think one Championship club (either Plymouth or Ipswich) made an approach for him in the summer.

F*ck sake esk, tell me, Is EVERYTHING in the garden rosy when it comes to all things Chelsea in your world?, doesnt reality sink in now and again.Clarke's replacable when you feel like it, brummies are unintelligent because one doesnt want Grant and you practically have him as our saviour! dont you think your stretching it just a tadge?

F*ck sake esk, tell me, Is EVERYTHING in the garden rosy when it comes to all things Chelsea in your world?, doesnt reality sink in now and again.Clarke's replacable when you feel like it, brummies are unintelligent because one doesnt want Grant and you practically have him as our saviour! dont you think your stretching it just a tadge?
Lol, stretching it? I think you are stretching it when it comes to trying to understand what i am saying. Things are pretty good at the moment, we are winning games and doing well.Clarke IS replaceable, it would be nice to keep him here but he isn't exactly a pivital figure to the club.You completely missed the point in your thread about the Birmingham fan, my point was what the hell is the point of starting a thread because a brummie on the radio made a point about Grant.Saviour?? Hardly... i have made my view clear on that on many occasion, i am not happy that Grant is our manager - i am happy with the team he has set up around him and i believe it can work and i am happy to give it a chance and see where it takes us. There is a middle ground you know between hating Grant and everything he does to the point of a dog with a bone mentality and worshiping the ground he walks on...

He is, we're very lucky to have him. He's young and has fresh ideas, to be frank with you, I'm surprised a number of Premier League clubs haven't tried to lure him away, but I think one Championship club (either Plymouth or Ipswich) made an approach for him in the summer.
He is quality and your right a Championship club or 2 did show interest in him. Hopefully we can hold onto him, but i don't know long we will be able to keep him as reserve team coach while he is very highly respected.

Lol, stretching it? I think you are stretching it when it comes to trying to understand what i am saying. Things are pretty good at the moment, we are winning games and doing well.Clarke IS replaceable, it would be nice to keep him here but he isn't exactly a pivital figure to the club.You completely missed the point in your thread about the Birmingham fan, my point was what the hell is the point of starting a thread because a brummie on the radio made a point about Grant.Saviour?? Hardly... i have made my view clear on that on many occasion, i am not happy that Grant is our manager - i am happy with the team he has set up around him and i believe it can work and i am happy to give it a chance and see where it takes us. There is a middle ground you know between hating Grant and everything he does to the point of a dog with a bone mentality and worshiping the ground he walks on...
I started the thread on the brummies opinion of Grant as I thought it was relevant, seeing as he our "coach" et all. I thought it different to get another fans general opinion on our "coach". We do it all the time after all..Fergie and Wenger, both c*nts in their own way, but are fantastic coaches. I thought some might have been interested in what others thought of him, No bad blood between Chels and The Brums so no reason for the guy to c*nt off Grant for the sake of it was there?And again esk, if you dont think a thread interests you................then simply dont contribute to it, Really that easy.