Clarke Offered Wierd Deal ?

Things are pretty good at the moment, we are winning games and doing well.
Hand on heart you're honestly happy with how we're playing? We've won a few, drawn a few, played just about adequately enough to keep pace.
Clarke IS replaceable, it would be nice to keep him here but he isn't exactly a pivital figure to the club.
You don't think it'd be a bit unsettling for the players to see Clarke go the same way as Jose, given the role he has at the club?
Saviour?? Hardly... i have made my view clear on that on many occasion, i am not happy that Grant is our manager - i am happy with the team he has set up around him and i believe it can work and i am happy to give it a chance and see where it takes us.
The team HE set up? Did he suddenly start bringing in players without us noticing? And has Grants brand of sexy football just passed me by? because I seem to be the only one round here who can't for the life of me work out how what we're doing now is a better option to what we were doing before. Edited by misschief

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand on heart you're honestly happy with how we're playing? We've won a few, drawn a few, played just about adequately enough to keep pace. You don't think it'd be a bit unsettling for the players to see Clarke go the same way as Jose, given the role he has at the club?The team HE set up? Did he suddenly start bringing in players without us noticing? And has Grants brand of sexy football just passed me by? because I seem to be the only one round here who can't for the life of me work out how what we're doing now is a better option to what we were doing before.
Thankyouverymuch! And all very much true. Is this "attacking" football better than what we had before?, hardly. And who have we tormented this sexy football with? Wigan? Boro? Derby? Do me a favour mate.The wheels are going to come off big time, and I have a bad feeling about the happy hammers at the weekend, and then there's the Arse a fortnight later."Millwall with money"! Ah those East End Barrow boys

Thankyouverymuch! And all very much true. Is this "attacking" football better than what we had before?, hardly. And who have we tormented this sexy football with? Wigan? Boro? Derby? Do me a favour mate.The wheels are going to come off big time, and I have a bad feeling about the happy hammers at the weekend, and then there's the Arse a fortnight later."Millwall with money"! Ah those East End Barrow boys
Oh so I'm not the only one then.......still, I'm sure we'll be told we just can't see the sexy football we're playing because we're anti-Grant!

We're playing sexy football ???Since when :lol:
Avram's pledge when he "moved up" more attacking flair as I recall, more emphasis on attack, Hmmmmmm. And before anyone dares to mention Man Citeh, Lord knows what Man Ure or the Arse would have done to them, the way they played that day.

Oh so I'm not the only one then.......still, I'm sure we'll be told we just can't see the sexy football we're playing because we're anti-Grant!
This is true my dear, We clearly cant see the wood for the trees. Personally, I think were up for a Funeral Pyre!

I was worried on Saturday. I was watching the match on Setanta, and he just sat on the bench throughout. I hope he isn't going to leave.
Funny you should mention that because I noticed him just sitting there really glum.When Kalou missed that sitter, both Grant and Cate leapt up together and Clarke just sat there totally out of it not reacting at all.I guess you can read too much into these things but he just didn't look that happy, as if he was out on his own and not in the group with Cate and Grant.Hope everything is okay there.

Avram's pledge when he "moved up" more attacking flair as I recall, more emphasis on attack, Hmmmmmm. And before anyone dares to mention Man Citeh, Lord knows what Man Ure or the Arse would have done to them, the way they played that day.
They would have slaughtered them.Man City's defence went home and their midfield stopped even bothering to protect their back line just about after the 3rd goal went in.They allowed us to play as we wanted that day, but for some reason that game is held up as Grant's so far stellar moment of how to bring attacking football to the hard done by Chelsea fans under Mourinho's dour regime.We will not get a more willing accomplice than we got that day but it seems to be a crime to suggest that City made us look far better than we deserved that day.And it made Grant out to be something better than he was too.Against Derby we should have carried on attacking if we are pledged to play this new Grant style football, but we didn't we sat back and took home three points after 2 goals - new style Chelsea? I think not.Like most of what Grant spouts it's a load of hype and bull built on very little evidence.

That's right you can't see it because your anti-Grant stance has blinded you to the obvious attacking flair we display in every game and we have never played like it before. Even our goals look different now when we score them - far more attacking in style don't you know. And far more sexier.Funny that aside from the odd thing here and there I've not noticed much difference in style or formation or attitude.

Funny that aside from the odd thing here and there I've not noticed much difference in style or attitude.
If you're referring to the manager here, dont forget to mention the looks dept. The way we play aint changed for the better thats for sure!