spending money

the wes

this is the second summer that Man you and Liverpool have spent more money than Chelsea. We are not big spenders no more and now Man city is buying big :readthemessage: i just read that man city owner is ten times richer than roman but i check forbes.com he's not in the top 10 list of riches men :mellow:

what do you think lads?????????

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the second summer that Man you and Liverpool have spent more money than Chelsea. We are not big spenders no more and now Man city is buying big :readthemessage: i just read that man city owner is ten times richer than roman but i check forbes.com he's not in the top 10 list of riches men :mellow:

It doesn't mean he isn't richer than Roman just cause he's not on the list tho, does it?

so true its a company who have taken them over not just 1 man! dunno if thats a good or bad thing

If it is a company then it is less likely that they will input huge sums of money and not worrying about it like what Roman does. Sort of like QPR, they are loaded, with more money than Roman but are not spending like crazy.

In oil reserves alone, ADUG manage $1trillion - that's £555billion - which, in itself, is 40 times the wealth of Abromovich. Look at who's behind ADUG (the Royal FAMILY - not one individual - of Abu Dhabi, the second largest producer of oil in the World) and you'll get a sense of the sort of wealth that you're talking here. They have a further £500 BILLION in assets. The combined wealth of Abromovich, Gates, Buffet and Slim Helu (look him up) do not touch these guys. It's not an individual, but an investment group, and it has _limitless_ funds. Absolutely nothing on God's Earth can touch their wealth.

Well time will tell how serious their investment is. So far a £32m investment and the ownership deal hasn't eve gone through 100%. Of course if they build in the right way then they can of course challenge for all honours. The difference they have to when Roman took us over is the CL. They have to hit that before they can attract more big players in reality and that is no easy feat even with a load of money.

The sigining of Robinho is a big signing for them, but for once I have to agree with Ramon calderon, he did not go to Man City for sporting reasons. At the end he wanted Chelsea, they couldnt agree terms, I doubt Chelsa would have put up 32 mil for him, he is not worth that amount. Man City just happened to get lucky nd find the right player at the right time, cos after his little press conference there was no way he could ever play for Madrid again.

The question is, what would have happened had Man City not just found a couple of billion quid down the back of the sofa? Would Robinho have come to us as planned? Man City certainly gave Madrid a get-out... but there was still every chance that Madrid had no intention of selling to us, whatever their reasons are for that.

Spending money isn't the only key factor. We have set ourselves up as a massive club by spending big! Now we have invested in the academy and it looks like we are determined to use that to build for the future. There is still no clear indication of young players being given the chances to force their way into the first team. Di Santo and Sinclair are right on the fringe but we will see this season.

I believe we did certainly need a player still to come in, we don't know yet if this will cost us, it may do but lets hope not.

All the best players are gonna be cup tied.

If Drogba gets his act together I can see us doing really well this season even though we'll only have Anelka and Di Santo as our other options up front.

we're not solely relying on a long ball to Drogba and working from there. We've already got a new dimension to our play and its only a matter of time before everything clicks like it did at Pompey and we'll be flying.

Al Suleman Fayeed "CLAIMS" that he has deeper pockets compared to Roman. He just claims, it isnt a known fact.

Could be true could be not. He is a Wanna be Roman Abramovich and Manc City is a Wannabe Chelsea. I hope he falls flat on his face.

Btw...Figures on Forbes can be misleading. These people have loads of black money which is not part of the wealth mentioned on Forbes. No one wants to disclose their black money...right?

I Just Fucking hate it.

All the media comparing Manc City to Chelsea. calling them "THE NEW Chelsea IN TOWN".

And that Fat Arab as the new "RED ROMAN". And he himself said that he wants to take the league by storm just like Roman did. He calls himself a BULLDOZER!!!...

Alright you dickhead, See your team get Bulldozed on 13th.

Well, here's that lovely list of rich cunts... lol

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billio...aires_Rank.html

quite sick really.

We aint buying big anymore at all. Since sheva, its kinda stopped. maybe in january or this time next year, if we still haven't won the prem or cl, we'll just say fuck it, we have it, spend it. We've missed out big time in this window.