• Barkley (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Messi on three goals in this Champions League campaign. Ronaldo on nine, but with a hard tie coming up against Paris. Might score a goal, though. Still, Messi is going to surpass him after the tie against us.

We can't be as bad as arsenal.. We can't be as bad as arsenal.... If we are.. Wow.. 

Willian, with all his deficiencies, is on fire. Him coming out for unfit Barkley really damaged us.

I can name 20 better full/wing-backs better than Alonso, just from Premier league.

Bakayoko played better, but still needs to improve a hell lot.

Kante is average on the ball, we all know that, but tonight wasn't at his best defensively.

Moses is only slightly better than Alonso, I guess, he isn't playing very good for weeks now.

Also, Moses....... What's happened to the guy? He was so dynamic and such a breath of fresh air at RWB for most of last season; this season: ...........

He used to play very proactively, looking every inch the winger-playing-as-wingback (in the best way); now he's so incredibly passive when in possession of the ball. Where has the drive gone?

I thought that Zappacosta was a decent acquisition when it looked as though he was merely in the squad to serve as back-up when needed, but we'll definitely need to upgrade this position in the summer if Moses continues playing as he has been.

1 minute ago, WNDS said:

Also, Moses....... What's happened to the guy? He was so dynamic and such a breath of fresh air at RWB for most of last season; this season: ...........

He used to play very proactively, looking every inch the winger-playing-as-wingback (in the best way); now he's so incredibly passive when in possession of the ball. Where has the drive gone?

I thought that Zappacosta was a decent acquisition when it looked as though he was merely in the squad to serve as back-up when needed, but we'll definitely need to upgrade this position in the summer if Moses continues playing as he has been.

Nothing has happened to Moses. He's in the same boat as Alonso. Good against teams that we're vastly superior to, exposed against top opposition. All 3 of our current wingbacks should be nothing more than cover or rotational options in a top team, not every match starters.

If we had world class wingbacks we'd be challenging for the title.

Nothing has happened to Moses. He's in the same boat as Alonso. Good against teams that we're vastly superior to, exposed against top opposition. All 3 of our current wingbacks should be nothing more than cover or rotational options in a top team, not every match starters.
Those two additions alone would honestly transform our team. Our only out ball this season has been the front line

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm not actually all that bothered by Moses' inherent deficiencies as a player; he's shown that he CAN be a very good player (though not world-class, obviously) under the right circumstances and in the right set-up. What frustrates me is that his passive play this season is a big reason why we struggle so much in attack when our forwards are not on their game (or, hell, sometimes even when they are).

We were so dangerous last season because Moses was constantly causing overloads on the right-hand side of our attack with aggressive positioning and dribbling. In contast, this season he often looks half-hearted and casual in his efforts when we're on the attack. And of course, overloading the left side is (and always has been) much more difficult because of Alonso's lack of pace, so we can't simply switch attacking emphasis.

Yeah after playing this lot so much lately , it was very near embarrassing some of our players and their repetitive mistakes and runs/passing/crossing , hope we play with more young players all the way next season , always screws us come this stage and we have such a small squad makes no sense arse drink biscuits

I've been reading many irrational reactions by Chelsea fans on social media. The one that irritates me the most is saying we should switch back to 4 at the back. Like, can you even stimulate your brain to actually recognize that we don't have the full-backs for that formation?

I am 100% behind Conte's tactical choices, but my only criticism would be not trying the same front 3 that worked nicely against Brighton from the beginning.

I just made a quick calculation, and correct me if I am wrong. But this is the first time since 2011/12 since we failed to beat Arsenal in the season (all competitions included). And before that that happened last time in 2004/05. Sad and unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I just made a quick calculation, and correct me if I am wrong. But this is the first time since 2011/12 since we failed to beat Arsenal in the season (all competitions included). And before that that happened last time in 2004/05. Sad and unacceptable.

How is that a calculation?

8 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I don't give 2 shits about such records. In 2012/13 we were beaten twice by QPR who eventually got relegated while we finished 3rd.

Let's compare both clubs' campaigns when the season actually ends, shall we? For me, I'm more interested in the end game rather than some bullshit moral victory.