• Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit disaointing eh but thought this would be our best lineup possible. But what have we got to do to score a goal ffs? I know Morata had 2 n 3 gooners up his arse most of the time but has the rest of the lads got the yips too?  But Eden and Morata just aren't gettting the service they need cause of our lack of creativity. We must have had 20 to 30 chances yet again. We had so much room around their defenders at times all we needed was someone to step up and take advantage,

I kmow AC needs to get some lessons PDQ about scoring with his head? Thats getting to be a bad habbit eh?

And why have we got to pass it so many times before we get it upfield?

We just dont have the right type of players for this 352 We started the 2nd half better but all our forwards need new sat navs installed. WHY are we playing Eden as a striker ffs?  Hes just not a goal scorer and hardly takes a shot. When he first went up fromt with Morata we thought it would be perfect but he doesn't seem as free to me as when we had the 343 I was looking forward to a Kante,Cescy,Waterboy mix but having Cescy and Drinks together made our CM so slow. But the wee baldy man wiped out every ball that got near him so that was a saviour. I love Cescy hes our only real creative player but his legs are sadly gone and hes losing the ball waiting forever for that thru ball to our only guy up front to get space tho he did get a couple of good balls up there.I thought Drinks was coming good but he just doesn't seem to have the confidence. He  doesn't go for 50/50 balls and he never seemed to make a pass thats worthwhile. We really do need a goal scoring CM. I hope that Rossy makes a difference if and when hes given a chance.Maybe taking Drinks spot.

Alonso and Moses doesn't have any targets up front to get the ball to when they do get up the pitch.And why did Willian stay so deep when he came on? I wasnt expecting much when Bats,Baks came on but thought at least Willi would step up.

We are making chances but it just winds me up we cant put 1 or 2 away.

Our players are too far apart from each other. Look at City for example, they always have at least 2 players near the player with the ball to start combinations and other players position themselves so that they could make through runs or runs into space instantly when the play comes off. We however? Hazard has to constantly switch flanks because nobody is close and open, we play 30-50m passes side-to-side because players are static, no one-touch plays and no sudden movements. We basically just resort to crosses because we have no creativity to break through any other way, and our crosses are with very low efficiency.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

Our players are too far apart from each other. Look at City for example, they always have at least 2 players near the player with the ball to start combinations and other players position themselves so that they could make through runs or runs into space instantly when the play comes off. We however? Hazard has to constantly switch flanks because nobody is close and open, we play 30-50m passes side-to-side because players are static, no one-touch plays and no sudden movements. We basically just resort to crosses because we have no creativity to break through any other way, and our crosses are with very low efficiency.

Spot on. It's plain for everybody to see. Is this Contes fault? It feels like we have been here under Jose too.

38 minutes ago, DDA said:

Spot on. It's plain for everybody to see. Is this Contes fault? It feels like we have been here under Jose too.

It's most likely intentional yeah. 3-5-2 in essence is a narrow formation and in order to stretch teams players are more further apart from each other. In theory it should create space, but in practice it often just doesn't work because we see bad passes, bad touches, no movement, no exploitation of space, no imagination, no speed, no technique, no quick ball rotation. We don't have a B2B CM to exploit that space, we are lacking a key ingredient. As a result our attack is outnumbered, predictable and toothless while defence is overkill solid. Deepest concern is simply lack of quality... Players like Alonso, Drinkwater/Bakayoko and Moses are not good enough to be undisputed starters. Whatever circle-jerk there is over Alonso's goals and shit stats "proving" him to be one of the best, he is not a good enough player and that is a god damn fact. Our bench is shit (Bats, Willi). Fabregas, as much as he brings, his role should start to be diminished soon.

I don't know other solutions other than fucking BUY UPGRADES (not replacements) and don't scrimp.

It makes me cringe slightly the way I took the piss out of the gooners fror ages for not buying in the transfer markets. But we haven't got to that stage yet. We do buy (and not just cheaply), just the wrong ones.

We are continually creating chances each game but just not talong advantage of them. So whats the answer to that? I would be much more worried if we were just making 2 shots (or none) like we were 2 seasons back.

I'm still of the mind if we just had 3 new players (4 to be greedy) we would be back fighting for everything.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

It makes me cringe slightly the way I took the piss out of the gooners fror ages for not buying in the transfer markets. But we haven't got to that stage yet. We do buy (and not just cheaply), just the wrong ones.

We are continually creating chances each game but just not talong advantage of them. So whats the answer to that? I would be much more worried if we were just making 2 shots (or none) like we were 2 seasons back.

I'm still of the mind if we just had 3 new players (4 to be greedy) we would be back fighting for everything.

i think that's the problem 

record of scores:     morata: 15 goals, liga 2016/2017   hazard: 16 goals, EP 2016/2017 (with conte)   pedro: 15 goals, liga 2013/2014   

willian: 8 goals EP 2016/2017 (with conte)    bats: 17 goals, Ligue 1 2015/2016

chelsea's strikers are not so good as we think. just hope that morata can improve himself 

the other team's strikers are: Aguero  26 EP 2014/2015     kane: 29 EP 2016/2017              lukaku: 25 EP 2016/2017                              

We were fucking horrendous, you could nigh on telegraph everything we tried to do. And there is only so many times you can get Azpilicueta to fire the ball into Morata before teams get switched onto it and it stops happening. Alonso drove me fucking crazy again last night, the same rinse and repeat shite time after time kept happening. Get level with 18 yard box and cut it back to a CM because you have no ability what so ever to take on or beat anyone.

As for Morata, another absolute dog shit showing from him. He does things on the halfway line he should be doing in the 18 yard area, evading tackles, sharp turns and winning balls, he then runs at full tilt towards the box and has no fucking ball control what so ever, it's bouncing off his shin pads and then end up 20 yards out of his control. I said yesterday it was a big game for him and the pressure was on him, it's even worse now, he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. The problem now being is because this club is so fucking clever in their dealings we have no back up...oh wait we are chasing Andy fucking Carroll, great this should turn out well.

The team is stale right now, the football is predictable and we are even getting out Arsenal'd that's how bad it has gotten. Conte needs to wake up, the players need to wake up because if they don't we are in danger of getting a hiding in North London and the league position getting worse.

10 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

i think that's the problem 

record of scores:     morata: 15 goals, liga 2016/2017   hazard: 16 goals, EP 2016/2017 (with conte)   pedro: 15 goals, liga 2013/2014   

willian: 8 goals EP 2016/2017 (with conte)    bats: 17 goals, Ligue 1 2015/2016

chelsea's strikers are not so good as we think. just hope that morata can improve himself 

the other team's strikers are: Aguero  26 EP 2014/2015     kane: 29 EP 2016/2017              lukaku: 25 EP 2016/2017                              

The thing is that Eden just is not now or will be a striker. At most he is an assister.

And the way hes playing now as striker hes not giving us much at all. When he was part of the 343 both wongers were given the freedom of going where they could do most damage and it worked well.

Nobody is mentioning anything about his performancs of late and he seemingly not avle to (or willing) to step up and do more. Admittedly the 2 of them aren't getting much support from the rest as when we press we do it in dribs and drabs instead of en masse so they are left on their own with defenders up their arses.

We lack quality and have too many defensive players in the lineup. This makes us very predictable and easy to stop. 

Replace Fabregas with a creative midfielder that actually has the legs to play in midfield.

Add a goalscorer to the lineup. Don't care if it's a striker,a 10, a winger or a CM. 

40 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

The thing is that Eden just is not now or will be a striker. At most he is an assister.

And the way hes playing now as striker hes not giving us much at all. When he was part of the 343 both wongers were given the freedom of going where they could do most damage and it worked well.

Nobody is mentioning anything about his performancs of late and he seemingly not avle to (or willing) to step up and do more. Admittedly the 2 of them aren't getting much support from the rest as when we press we do it in dribs and drabs instead of en masse so they are left on their own with defenders up their arses.

he is playing like a striker because also morata is not a pure striker 

but morata is improving that. this squad needs time to improve, or needs great players. 

not rudiger-drinkwater-alonso-zappacosta-bakayoko-moses-willian-pedro-bats, which are average players, nothing more 

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hazard is giving us the same he gave the season before. People just expect more goals because he plays as a "striker". 

It doesn't work like that though. The role he has now offers him some advantages but he has 1 less attacking player to combine with. 1 less player for the opposition to worry about.

If Hazard picks up the ball he only has Morata in front of him.

A  lot of times the only option he has is to pass it back or pass it sideways to 1 of our wingbacks.

All the attacking emphasis is on Morata and Hazard. It just takes way too long for support to get there and by the time it does the opponents have gotten back aswell.

Pedro and Willian scored 9 and 8 goals in the league last season. They shared that 3rd spot. That's 17 goals. We've switched them out for an extra midfielder. 

Bakayoko has 2 goals, Drinkwater, Kante, Fabregas all have 1.